[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - GRAHHH MORE DENTAL WORKKKKKKK

GRAHHH MORE DENTAL WORKKKKKKK

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:36 pm

SOGNHDFINHSDFHIN

So
I went through two and a half years of braces, of course. Genetically, I'm missing two teeth. Again, their solution was simple, if agonizingly lengthy; "wait another half year and we'll do something about that'.

So, half a year later, they drill screws up into my top jawbone, and then make me wait...six months for it to heal.

Then they loosen and replace the screw caps.

Another two months.

Then they put temporary plastic heads on, along with shoving temporary false teeth onto them and gluing them down, so that my gums could heal over. (Basically so that it'll look completely real when the permanent teeth go on.)

Problem.

Last night, the right one snapped off. While I was eating vanilla ICE CREAM, of all things. AND I didn't realize it had come off until I was crunching down on glue "why is this so chewy?"
And had swallowed the false tooth.

Now, ordinarily, this wouldn't be a problem. I'd just shove my retainer in, call the dentist, and wait.

Except someone stepped on my retainer a while back (I dropped it,) and I can't get it in anymore.

Dentist won't see me for a few days.

So my teeth'll be shifting, all this time, and there's nothing I can do about it. When the dentist sees me, he'll replace the tooth, of course..

IF HE CAN GET A NEW ONE IN.

And to put the icing on the cake, with that damn screw exposed, there's not much I can eat, because I can't risk damaging it further. SO I'm pretty-much on a liquid diet, right now. -_-

FUCKING HELL.

[edit]

Also, my laptop is incapable of running Bioshock, so I won't get to play until some time after December when I get my new computer.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:22 pm

Replying to this with something a bit more positive. :P

They've obviously replaced the missing cap by now. It doesn't fit quite as well, so I lisp a bit badly now, but I should get my permanents soon.

Has anyone noticed that we seem to be getting a lot more trolls lately?

Moreso than...usual, I mean? Seems every night that I join, now, there's at least a group of three harassing whatever regs I see online at the time. I mean, granted, there've been plenty of fun new people, too, but...eugh.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Kellervo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 pm

I've had orthodontics for... lesse... Over ten years now. You can't see them anymore, but that's because I forked over the extra $250 to have the wires moved to the back of my teeth. Still have to wear a mouth piece at night.

I know the pain. The worst accident I had was taking a hockey puck in the jaw, which undid about a year's worth of work and also snapped three of the braces right off of my teeth. Also tore just about all the flesh on the inside of my lip too. Everything tasted like cement glue for about a week before I could finally get in and see the orthodontist.
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Dakk » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Dakk

Return to Rants & Raves