[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - In a game...

In a game...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Purplecat » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:07 am

I will only follow the wishes of someone else if it benefits me or my team. I don't care if a single person want to go melee only or whatever with scout, nor do I care about duels. I don't care about it being cowardly or anything (and some people are being hypocrites about this as well), just killing anyone that happens to be in my way.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Fernin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:28 pm

I think when everyone is playing around it can be fun to go melee only or to have duels (infact me and some friends used to do a gladiator thing in GoW that would work well in TF2). But when there's a fair number of people and a game is played to win then one should generally play seriously.
The claims medic gives no anesthetic! 90-days delinquent get you Repo treatment! I’m the mask horror on your street corner, gonna make your momma mourn you, I’m the Night Surgeon!
Fernin

Postby Ferto12 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:25 pm

My chief philosophy behind this game is: "Am I having fun?" Hence why I frequently go Scout when on defense. It's not because I think I'll get more kills or help my team more, it's because I have a blast while jumping around and shooting people with my scattergun.

Though I'd be a liar if I said that all my actions were motivated by only me having fun, I want my team to have fun also.
Ferto12

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:57 pm

Fenriswulfdemon

Postby Echoen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:20 pm

But there's just something..... /awesome/ about honoring Melee when someone pulls out their melee weapon instead of trying to shoot you back. Sometimes you do it when the guy is hopelessly outmatched and you want to lord it over him by kicking his ass even in a fair fight, sometimes you do it out of a sense of fairness to give the guy a chance (Too many times have I honored melee and gotten a crit bottle to the face. I swear, while the Bottle doesn't have a ton of range, it does have like a 180 degree angle of fire).

But really, Ailure, I will ALWAYS remember what happened lastnight in Arena badlands. I was a pyro, you were a pyro. I'd just finished shotgunning two soldiers to death after dodging their rockets. I saw you, shotgunned you once or twice, and wound up adjacent to you. I, literally, thought to myself "I'm gonna fucking own this pyro" and whipped out my axe, and critted you in the face.

When the stakes are high like in Arena, NOTHING can match pulling off something that risky.
Echoen

Postby Purplecat » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:20 pm

...this thread wasn't about boasting about whatever you managed to pull off with melee. Besides I am well-ware melee is good in certain situations, especially since the base crit chance for melee weapons is about 5% higher.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Kellervo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:41 pm

I'm of a similar mindset. Got tired of taking Doom's bottle to the face. I'm a pyro. I'm supposed to torch you to death with my flamethrower, so I'm not going to whip out my pansy little fireaxe to do the same job.
I'm a shaaark
I'm a shaaark!
You know what to do. :v
Kellervo

Postby Jake Monroe » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:43 pm

I'd rather blow you up with rockets then risk you getting a crit to my face. just as I expect people to shot me if I come running at them with a bat, I will shoot you. Honoring Melee is only for when doing a whole Melee only round, not in the middle of a normal game.
SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby Vortale » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:59 pm

"Fight with honor OMFG! MELEE!"
"I did. My rocket just melee'd you. Didn't you see it?"

On the rare occasion I'll fight with someone in a melee fight. But I tend to have my gun out almost at all times. If you're standing there with a pair of gloves when I have my rocket launcher, don't blame me and call it dishonourable.
I love people that call it dishonourable. Not only because it's a load of crap, but they tend to be unable to spell the word.
Vortale

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:53 am

Angry_Squirrel

Next

Return to Rants & Raves