[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawn Camping/Stacking/Force Auto-Balance

Spawn Camping/Stacking/Force Auto-Balance

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby RumRunner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:34 am

ok right now i am about as pissed off with TF2 as i have ever been... first PL_Cave so there were around 5ish mins for offense to cap the first point...

1. teams were stacked as usual so two of the non-stacked team went spec to force auto-balance... i got switched, under normal circumstances no big deal, these not being normal circumstances it was.

2. What was unusual about these circumstances is that at least 3 admins were on the stacked team. these admins proceeded to spawn-camp and encourage this camping WITH THEIR ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM. Including multiple FULL clips of sticky nades, multiple kritskregs, and teleporters there. This entire team spawn camp continued throughout the entire round time during that time the cart moved all of 5 feet max. Mainly b/c Blu could not survive more than 5s outside of the spawn without an uber. We ask them to stop spawn camping and what is the response from the admins "ROFL JUST GET UBER"S BLU AND PUSH..." hmmm I am PRETTY DAMN SURE THAT SPAWN CAMPING IS AGAINST THE SERVER RULES! YET MOST OF THE ADMINS WON'T ENFORCE IT! WHY? B/C THEY ARE THE MAIN ONES FUCKING DOING IT!!!

Something NEEDS to change with the way the serer rules are enforced b/c clearly some of the admins are incapable of doing this. This that most recently happened has pissed me off more than the bull shit from CC2's ever could have. Almost to the point where I say FUCK THIS SHIT and move to another server. If something doesn't fucking change with this I WILL leave. Being spawn-camped out the ass BY THE VERY PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO PREVENT THAT FROM HAPPENING is NOT my definition of fun and I cannot have fun while such a thing is going on.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Doom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:38 am

Red Team is normally the spawn-campers at the start of a round. It's not too far-gone spawn camping if RED is defense and blue is offense. A perfect example is Dustbowl, all three stages. It's not spawn-camping; it's called the map. Spawn-camping involves, normally, the offense team having had pushed up a bit, and then getting pushed all the way back to spawn and being stuck there. Though I do admit what you had happen to you was quite sad, it was more-so your team's fault. You were running out in ones and twos and used only one successful uber. A bit of tactics never hurt.
Doom

Postby RumRunner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:59 am

RumRunner

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:52 am

I was already pissed for other reasons at the time I was playing (sorry to Disgruntled from Badlands), and that Cave part almost made me feel like actually using my mic :O
But I cooled after quitting for a bit, and though it wasn't too fair from the stack, Doom's right about the tactics. I could have easily stayed behind to wait for and help with your Ubers Rum, or gone medic myself. I was just rushing in hoping for some killing spree that I sometimes get as soldier. It is part of our spawn, but in Cave that opening is big enough to justify the red team dominating that area. Next time blue should work together and build ubers and turrets. When the teams had switched, that's what red(now blue) did, and they made it through just fine. It's all about cooperation. It is TEAM fortress afterall. We did have plenty of new players, but you, me, nuka, or mirp (know im forgetting a few more) could have issued some form of order.
Fenriswulfdemon

Postby Jake Monroe » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:31 am

Quoth the Rules as posted by The WitchieBunny

2. No Spawn Camping.

Now admittedly I'm a bit more millitant about this than most people, so I'll compromise: You can go by once, get a kill or two to get your jollies, rush spawn if you absolutely have to but do not stay there. This means that some things are verboten, as the Medic would say. These include, but are not limited to:

-repeatedly setting up stickies in front of spawn. (You know who you are)

-standing in a corner for five minutes on end, backstabbing people as they come out

-setting up a sentry right in front of spawn

-Ubering more than once and charging spawn

Do *not* use the "Legitimate Strategy" defense with me, I do not want to hear it. This rule is in place to help ensure the enjoyment of *all* players on the server, and it is not fair to BLU if they're trying to attack and they can't get out of their spawn for an entire round. On such maps like Turbine and 2Fort, where going by spawn is a necessary part of getting to the objective, try not to stay there.

"This rule is in place to help ensure the enjoyment of *all* players on the server, and it is not fair to BLU if they're trying to attack and they can't get out of their spawn for an entire round."

Sorry, Doom, but that right there is the nail in your coffin. Love playing with you, but when one team can't even get out of spawn, their "Fun" turns to "no more fun" and as I believe a game is supposed to be fun, doing anything to ruin someone else's fun, is not very nice to do. Even more so after having made a rule to prevent the fun from being ruined then ruining it anyway. There is no excuse in the world for breaking your own rules.
SiRK: There's [SFW], [NSFW] and [STRAY]
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Jake Monroe

Postby Arcalane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:11 am

Rum, rage some more. :P Or, how about slow down, calm down and take time to structure things properly, otherwise you come across as a raging idiot. Paragraphs and proper sentences are always a good idea, and I don't say that as a grammar nazi. I say that as someone who has looked at arguments and debates on the internets before. OMG SRS BZNS.

Admittedly, if a map allows spawncamping to such a degree then something needs fixing. I agree that part of pl_cave is rather prone to defender-invasion, but there are multiple ways out of the spawn hall that can allow the offending team to get a drop on any overconfident defenders.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Endeavour3d » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:19 am

Though I didn't like how most of my team was camping the spawn, a decent amount of the blame does rest on your team as well. Considering I was able to wrench 4 people in a row, and wrenched several more people after a few deaths says more about your tactics than ours. Your team were frankly acting like a bunch of sheep, you were pouring out there one by one, not bothering to build ubers or use tactics of any kind, just rushing and hoping for the best. No surprise we wiped the floor with you, and to be fair, I joined your team at the last couple of minutes because I felt sorry for you.
Endeavour3d

Postby RumRunner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:14 pm

endeav if you didn't notice i was a medic and built up 3 ubers and went out there to try and get rid of your team but the team being populated nearly entirely by pubfags a decent push could not be made and so after each uber the spawn camping resumed just as it had before.

and i admit the teams tactics being pubfags primarily were just pants-on head retarded and since all-talk was on the few other regs and i could not get in a word tactics wise to the pants-on-head retarded team over the laughter and taunting of doom who still as an admin should not have been breaking the server rule nor encouraging its breaking like he was, and you also helped in breaking that rule as well. i know the tactics sucked but given the circumstances there wasn't a damn thing that i could do about it.

from what i understand red had no problems pushing the cart all the way when it came to be their turn. why? b/c they were far more organized being primarily regs. that didn't surprise me one bit to pull off such a spawn-camp out the ass for so damn long the team has to be organized.

when such a thing happens it is not fun in the slightest for blu and i honestly don't see how it could have been very fun for red seeing as it was clearly no challenge at all b/c NO ONE ON YOUR TEAM DIED, at least not unless i had an uber... for over half the round i was leading our team in score simply from "good healing points" of which i had 2... if that doesn't show how bad it was then i don't know what would.

as to there being multiple exits well that is all fine and dandy except for the fact that two are side-by-side and the other had around 3 good snipers watching it. so without being able to organize things that match was screwed the second all of red started spawn-camping.

i hope you two had your fun and that is the last time i see that happening b/c if i do see admins BLATANTLY breaking and encouraging the breaking of the server rules i am gone and i will not return to this community. again it is not the fact that spawn camping like that occurred that i am so pissed about it is the fact that TWO ADMINS WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO ENFORCE THE SERVER RULES were on the team responsible for this massive spawn-camp not only participating in it but ENCOURAGING THE BREAKING OF THE SERVER RULES.

i mean honestly what the hell are you admins going to let each other get away with next? aim-botting? speed-hacking? or other such things? if you don't enforce the server rules amongst yourselves why enforce valve rules? clearly if y'all had THAT much damn fun breaking the server rules and spawn-camping out the ass last night the next best thing in having your "fun" would be breaking valve rules and hacking.
RumRunner

Postby Doom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:15 pm

For one, whether we were breaking a server-rule or not is up to one's own interpretation. I say nay.

For two, learn to organize a team. If your team is hopeless, don't get pissy at the other team for it; do something like spy or sniper. Be productive even if it's suicidal.

For three, the fact that there were admins on the team had nothing to do with it. All you guys did was bitch in-game. A private message or a request to throw up a scramble-vote would have been nice. To boot, even if I was on your team; I wouldn't have gone on a kick/ban/scramble spree because my team was incompetent. I'd just swear incoherently. Like always.
Doom

Postby RumRunner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:34 pm

RumRunner

Next

Return to Rants & Raves