Something that is starting to piss me off more and more

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby EuroVen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:01 am

I know TF2 is suppose to be a fun game and all, but this is what is starting to piss me off the more I see it. When one player, I'm not really gonna name name's here, on let's say the BLU team and all of the sudden during the middle of the fucking game, the player goes to spec, then joins the other team. All I can say to those who do it, great sportsmanship people!! This has been on my back for quite awhile guess I should just blant it out right here while ticked off, I really don't give a crap what the player's excuse is for joining the other team even though I haven't been asking for there excuse, but if they were to give me one you can tell I probably won't give a crap since I would already be pissed off.
EuroVen

Postby Dravu » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:28 pm

I've been totally oblivious to anyone doing it. I might not have been there when it happened or might've just missed it. I know yesterday, I jumped to the other team twice, but that was just to make things even and it was close to the beginning of the round. Plus, even if I had learned the team secrets, it's only good sportsmanship that I had kept it to myself unless there was a way I could've known otherwise. TF2 is just a game. You win some, you lose some. No matter what happens, just do things the right way so everyone can have fun, not just you or your team.
Spyro is pie!
Dravu

Postby Arcalane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:15 am

Team-swapping isn't technically disallowed, but I might note if you catch anyone going spec, forcing autobalance and then changing to the team they weren't on, then please do report them to the staff. Repeated incidents will earn people temporary (or perhaps even permanent, if you go through several temps and don't get a goddamn clue) bans.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Purplecat » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:48 pm

What pisses me off is mostly how the teams wind up consisting of people I know in one team, and total strangers in the other. I would like to seen people to spread out a little more to.

And I been noticing certain people which I shall keep unnamed who have a tendency to do this constantly, vs people who never do it.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:51 pm

The only time I switch teams is to balance them out (someone leaves, and only if it's a move to a losing team), or I have something at home I need to do, come back, and my spot's been taken up. Some people would prefer playing on a team made of their friends, so I can see how that might happen, Ailure, but dispersion is better; especially when all of your friends tend to dominate the room.
Now what's REALLY annoying is getting auto-balanced as your team wins...Especially when you're the one that gives up your life to clear the final point for it...
Fenriswulfdemon

Postby Echoen » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:10 am

What also sucks, is that you do something totally kickass awesome to fuck up the other team, like blow up 3 sentries with one uber.... then get autobalanced.
Echoen

Postby Makaze » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:24 pm

Doesn't this also touch on the realm of, I wanna win so I'll go to the good team? Or the Well me friends are on that team and I wanna play with my friends....despite the fact that being on the server I'm already playing with my friends, just not on the same team.

Granted there is no law forcing some mercy, dispersion of power, good will etc, etc. But when you either have team mates on the "Scrub" side give up and goof off or spectate *YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE* then join the opposite side due to *insert player here* It does sap the fun and morale up out the game.

I got no beef if you wanna switch sides to talk. I can dig that, but doing it cuzz the other side is winning, or you want a easier time at victory is about as bitch as you can get.

Makaze

Return to Rants & Raves