[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Hurrdurr, i'm a Sniper [Rant]

Hurrdurr, i'm a Sniper [Rant]

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Zareth » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:13 pm

They're everywhere in our FPS games. But no where have I seen them as frequently as I have in TF2. Its not uncommon for me to go into a team (TFP or even Baron's) to see a team with 3, sometimes even upwards of five Snipers. Quite a few of them just charging up bodyshots behind rocks, using the Razorback, spamming the huntsman across the map and hoping for a lucky headshot on some sap that walks around the corner, and prefering to just snipe other Snipers, rather than that one Heavy that happens to be tearing our team and Engineer a new asshole.

So, I ask of this, what exactly is the appeal of the Sniper class for these folks? I mean, I love myself some Sniper, but really, I get far more fun out of the Soldier, whereas Sniper I tend to get bored with easy, and these folks that seem to do nothing but play Sniper (often poorly, refusing to switch classes, even if its a very enclosed map, IE Junction)

EDIT: To avoid confusion and posts of 'U MAD BRO?' or 'Someone got BAWWWWDY shot', I don't hate Snipers, they're fairly easy to deal with, even the better ones. I'm merely curious about why some folks seem to not put down that silly rifle/shield/bow and try to be credit to team. Good Snipers I frickin love to have around, but these types are the ones I just cannot stand :|
Zareth

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:03 am

I like burning snipers, or taunt killing them. That's always fun.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Zareth » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:19 am

Zareth

Postby griffin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:44 am

As it is with any class, all depends on on how you play it. Offensive sniping is very much possible, although requires quite some skill to pull off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkZLJeQ1Nhc
I'm trying to imagine myself with a personality.
griffin

Postby skunkfox » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:16 am

"Peanutty DOOM!" SkunkFox...

Please note I am not sane for sanity is borng...
Plus I'm wearing Python's hide as a belt! >:3
skunkfox

Postby Purplecat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:14 pm

I have no problem with snipers.

I have problems with snipers who aren't teamplayers.

Unfortunately there exists way too many of the latter category.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Helios » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:08 pm

What makes me a good Sniper? Well if I was a bad Sniper, I wouldn't be sitting here discussin it with ya, now would I?

Sniper was the first class I played in the first second of the first match of TF2 (on 2fort no less). My rationale being that I wanted an easy to use class that I could play without much fear of being killed. It was mainly a class to help me get the feel of the game.

Then something happened: I got pretty damned good at it. I found appeal in seeing players foam when they expended their ammo to kill someone whereas I just needed one shot (as unfair as that sounds). Then I found furry servers, met up with the people who would become the admins, and the legend of the Sniperburd was born.

The rest, as they say, is history.
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:30 pm

If I wanted to play MYST I'd install it! >:(
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Helios » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Oh go get stuffed, Buffet Bird!
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Zareth » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Zareth

Next

Return to Rants & Raves