[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Kicked for that!?!

Kicked for that!?!

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Fox Vert » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:37 am

I just got kicked from a (non-TFP) server by an admin - a first for me after all this time playing TF2. Anyway, the point is that this first appears to have been for mentioning idle servers. One of the players was complaining about still not having a hat. I can sympathise as I only very recently got my first. I asked them if they'd tried an Idle server and explained what they are. Next thing I know 'Kicked by Admin'.

I was wondering what other Furry Pounders have been kicked for that has left them in a state of OMGWTF. :?:
Last edited by NikkyVix on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the appropriate section.
Now with added Brain Slug
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFoxVert
Fox Vert

Postby Jinx » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:26 am

Just for mentioning idling? That's silly, why should they care? :P
Jinx

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:51 am

Thbbt.

I wonder if it was one of those communities or servers run by the uber-jealous types. You know, the ones that flinch and froth if you so much as murmur about there being other TF2 servers out there than theirs. 'OMG NO TELLING OTHERS TO GO ELSEWHERE FOR TF2 STEALING OUR PLAYERS BANBANCAPSLOCKBAN'
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby RollingEye » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:34 am

I know a couple of folks that were banned from wearing a halo during that whole fiasco. I think that's still my personal favorite.

Oh, and ask Azn why he was banned from CC2. Classic.
Oh crap, is it coward-killing time already?
--
Disclaimer: The views presented by this Rolly are not always serious. Use common sense/brain when reading.
RollingEye

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:03 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:25 am

Speaking of stupid bans, I once got banned from a clan's Battlefield 2142 server for managing to lead a bunch of pubfags into beating the shit out of said clan. :mrgreen:

First time around they started losing - so I got kicked and they restarted the match. When we were starting to win again? The match was restarted, again, and I was banned.

Yes, I was literally banned for being too good at being a Commander. Taking in mind they had both Walkers (so they had a massive firepower advantage, as we only had one tank in terms of anti-vehicle vehicles) and one of them was camping the walker on top of a supply drop, so I had to use a combined EMP/airstrike combo to be able to kill the bloody thing whilst hammering on it with aforementioned tank...

...or, well, I would have, if the ban hadn't hit me whilst the walker was being hit by the airstrike. :roll:

Dumb bastards.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am

How dare you, Arcalane.

How dare you, sir, get in the way of clan players and their self-gratifying illusions of invincibility? </K_Olbermann>

Just goes to show, kiddos: Clans don't make you awesome, you work your own experience. And if you have a problem handling your clan being beaten by a pick-up group then the problem is less of your suckiness and more of your sulkiness.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:18 am

I believe the reason for their shenanigans was an exceptionally hard to get ribbon that requires you have a rather high W/L ratio. It can only be earnt once, but it's still worth about 2000 rank points IIRC, which is no small number in the world of 2142.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:41 am

I can never remember being kicked for some extremely stupid reason, though I don't really hang around in clan servers, I quit doing that a while ago when the last tf2 clan I was in, which was mostly made up of snobbish pricks, died.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Gami » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:56 am

i got kicked once for bunnyhopping while playing as a scout, them yelling i'm an unskilled loser before getting the boot xD

oh and i got kicked on bc2 for defending my mcom charge with c4, and kicked again for killing the server owner with a UAV hellfire rocket while he was in a tank. next day my friend got perma banned there for taking the clanfags in their chopper down *in a 2vs2 fight* ofc not a kick without calling us a unskilled loser etc hehe

some people are just sad like that
Gami

Next

Return to Rants & Raves