People that Suck the Fun out of TF2 #27...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby MaskedJackal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:24 pm

Ailure wrote:People rather blame on teamstacking than poor tactics in this game. I seen teams with five snipers, four spies call me out on teamstacking when they really need to balance their team better...

Stacking in skill happens, but it's not true in 90% of the cases I seen.

Yep. TF2 isn't about how awesome your twitch aim is or if you can stab/sap engies while playing with your feet ect.. It's about teamwork and class balance. A team with five snipers and no medics is going to lose every time, no matter how "pro" they all may be.
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Echoen » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:45 pm

...unless you go 12 Scouts, all Bats, and put on King of the Hill intro music.

Or have 9 spies, 1 medic, 1 pyro, 1 engy, and put on Pink Panther music.
Echoen

Postby Arcalane » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:14 pm

MaskedJackal wrote:
Ailure wrote:People rather blame on teamstacking than poor tactics in this game. I seen teams with five snipers, four spies call me out on teamstacking when they really need to balance their team better...

Stacking in skill happens, but it's not true in 90% of the cases I seen.

Yep. TF2 isn't about how awesome your twitch aim is or if you can stab/sap engies while playing with your feet ect.. It's about teamwork and class balance. A team with five snipers and no medics is going to lose every time, no matter how "pro" they all may be.

I've seen a non-serious team of 12 Medics beat out another class-varied team. Oh, and we were all spamming the Medic call as well. I can only begin to wonder what was going through the heads of the players on the enemy team. :lol:

Welcome to TFP... Herr Doktor vill see you now! ;)
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Kyle wrote:I've seen that in server #5 occasionally, although I think in many cases most of the people with voice are on one team, with maybe one or two people on the other. Plus, you can still mute the annoying people if it gets too noisy.

In TFP's first months, we used to be almost totally alltalk on; it was because we started out as a server community based on having friends play together and trying to foster funner play. As we grew from 50 players to 100, to 500 and 1,000, however, we found that we gained more players who, quite simply, can not let up from their mic buttons and HLSS. The noise pollution on alltalk in full servers got to the point where people refused to play on our servers, citing micspam as the reason. It was starting to give us a pretty bad reputation. So about a year ago, we decided to install a plug-in which disables alltalk whenever there is more than 16 players on a server; an acceptable number which holds chances of keeping noise under control while allowing alltalk when there's not enough players to contribute to it.

So no, we learned our lesson of what happens on our servers when alltalk is left on. Trust us on this.

Additionally, we don't want alltalk on all the time when players are trying to strategize amongst themselves:

BLU: "Come on, let's build Ubercharge and go out the left tunnel before they can put sentries up!"
---
BLU: "How the hell did they have a level 3 up that quick?"
RED: "Because of your big mouth."
BLU: "D'oh!"

Alltalk is better used for the occasions when players aren't playing too seriously (less-than-16 players, usually) or during events.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:55 pm

NikkyVix wrote:
Additionally, we don't want alltalk on all the time when players are trying to strategize amongst themselves:

<--- Falls into this category. I enjoy alltalk, but once the server I'm on hits around 15ish people, I'm ready to PLAY :P.

And don't none of you "srs bsns plyr" me either or I'll be forced to backstab you >:(
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Arcalane » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:56 am

Sekh765 wrote:And don't none of you "srs bsns plyr" me either or I'll be forced to backstab you >:(

srs boid is srs
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 am

Arcalane wrote:
Sekh765 wrote:And don't none of you "srs bsns plyr" me either or I'll be forced to backstab you >:(

srs boid is srs

They eat cat in some Asian territories, you know.

I could buy your airfare. >:C
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Amusingly, I noticed a similar thread with the same complaint popped up on the Steam forums. Looks like we're not the only one here. :)

Meh, being srs business in the game is the most fun for me. Sure the game is not on life and death, but I try my best! Then we have the players who could as well had bought Garry's mod or something...
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby miniskunk » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:17 am

I have to laugh when I read about the complaints of clan/friend stacking. I am in many groups and I choose to identify with one of them with intials before my username. Me and one other from that group were in a server a couple nights back on the same team and I heard over voice a complaint that we were clan stacking. The group we are in was just for those with a common interest in a sub set area of furrydom and had nothing to do with being elite TF2 gamers with a mission to dominate on someone else's server.
miniskunk

Postby Makaze » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:54 am

NikkyVix wrote:
Arcalane wrote:

srs boid is srs

They eat cat in some Asian territories, you know.

I could buy your airfare. >:C

Damnit, now I can't get eating pussy jokes out my head

Makaze

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves