People that Suck the Fun out of TF2 #27...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Dr. Furry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 am

whiney needs to learn how to be a one man tank
Dr. Furry

Postby Deko » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Me.
Deko

Postby Dr. Furry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:13 am

Kyle wrote:I find it's generally more fun with alltalk on anyway

it also leads to mic spamming
Dr. Furry

Postby Makaze » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Dr. Furry wrote:
Kyle wrote:I find it's generally more fun with alltalk on anyway

it also leads to mic spamming

Mic Spammin leads to rage, rage leads to the dark side?

Makaze

Postby Dr. Furry » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:19 am

nah, it just leads me to player mute people, but it still doesnt let me communicate information to my teamates
Dr. Furry

Postby CrashFu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 am

*clears throat*

I have seen instances where it will take five minutes just to get everyone to join a team, because people were dead set on playing together.

When all of the people trying to play together are clannies; competitive clannies and the team filled with them has beaten the random newbs team twenty freakin' rounds in a row... That's wrong. That's VERY wrong.

When it's a completely random server, and nobody knows each other, but everyone knows who the top scorers of the previous round were, and those people insist on being on the same team and none of the less skilled players are willing to play against them, then everyone involved should be ashamed...

But if it's just a matter of FRIENDS wanting to be on the same team, and they ARE NOT having overwhelming victories a dozen rounds in a row? There's nothing wrong with that!

Perhaps your whiny whats-his-face is REALLY just jealous over social issues? Maybe he wants to hang out with all the popular, well-known people and the server admins and isn't taking a mix of bad luck and rejection very well. ;)
CrashFu

Postby Zareth » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:54 pm

ooh! ooh! me me me! *flails paw*

Folks who care more about how many headshots/backstabs/healpoints/KDR they have than points.

Not naming names so to avoid drama, but I know a certain birdy who's like this (hint: its not sekh) and a good few elitist demomen/snipers/spies.

You may be able to headshot noobs on CS:S with your fancy pants AWP, but please, that garbage doesn't roll here on tf2. wow, you have a 10:1 kdr? good for you champ, you can headshot another sniper? OH MY GOD! You could do all that and more but still wouldn't win us a game >> its a team based game.

This is not Halo. You are not Master Chief, you are not some kind of supersoldier, play with the team.
Zareth

Postby Sultry Skunk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:03 am

Zareth wrote:
This is not Halo. You are not Master Chief, you are not some kind of supersoldier, play with the team.

But what if I am Master Chief? What if I am a Supersoldier, Ex-Shinra, Saijin, Tauren Druid with kicking ass on my mind?
Sultry Skunk

Postby iller » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm

I thought long and hard about this topic but never gave any input on it... And despite assumptions, my gripe wouldn't be about team stackers. One team stacking every map just means I get to practice my worst classes (spy, sniper, scout) that much more often b/c it wouldn't matter what I played anyway... And that's actually quite liberating.

No what sucks the fun out is what one of my CoH brethren famously dubbed the "Jerk Hacker". Applied here, they're REAL (despite all the cynicism of many less tech-savvy players out there) and they're way too common in any advent. And even though the Spectating option in this game doesn't track things perfectly, it is still very obvious when they're doing it, whether it's a wall-hacker, spy-hack, Nospread, or Aimbotter. And since they know it can't be easily proven within the game's own VAC Tech that they're doing it when it's pointed out; --> their response is usually something even more trollish like "I wouldn't NEED h4x to kill YOU!"... usually referring each individual situation where they gained an advantage from it.

Some obvious examples of those hax in use:
  • 2-shotting Pryo and Demo classes from over 30ft away with the Scattergun or FAN w/o a single Crit (no Spread)
  • Every single shot from their Pistol/shotty landing on a jumping/strafing target (no spread & Aimbot)
  • Post-Nerfed Ambassador Headshots on fast-strafing targets who are "edging" (wall-hack & Aimbot)
  • Headshotting or demo-spamming cloaked spies in wide open areas. (hitbox displaying wallhack. Aka: spyhack)
  • Perfect Direct-Hit/Lucksman usage fractions of a second after emerging from a blind-corner on completely uneven terrain or split-level map transition. (wall hack)
  • Super-Laggers who just happen to have near-perfect aim against everyone else with a reasonable Ping (steam Packet Sniffing/Duping associated with some kind of unstable hack)... bonus points when they try to write it off by saying they're "just torrenting" which usually implies something even more illegal such as Pirating.

Also: People who exploit Jump-Strafing to cancel out the Natascha's Slow... but that's more of a problem with VALVe's coders not being smart enough to properly balance that stupid gun against its own hitscan bugs as well as the severely compounded design flaw of its "range-falloff".

And yes, I'm aware of how ironically "1337" this all sounds. But anyone who's been online gaming since the days of Diablo-1, is just naturally suspicious of these kinds of activities and easily annoyed by them b/c apparently our wonderful Hardware engineers the world-over have gone from the point of 400mb Hardrives the size of a Betamax, to 20gb iPods in the span of roughly a decade... yet our Network coders don't even have the balls (or can't figure-out how) to instantly stop/expose Non-Proprietary DLL's being run over the top of their own Software :roll:
iller

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves