[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - An Issue I see with TFP TF2

An Issue I see with TFP TF2

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Dr. Furry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:17 am

ugh, i hate it when people just stand arodn doing nothing because they're eatign or soemthing. go spectate, or get off the server and come back later.

that said, i admit to specing when auto balance, but only when , and it usually doe happen, i make a cap on teh point or intel, AND WHAM, AUTOBALANCED, so i have to get that exact mother truckign point back, THAT I JUST STOLE.
Dr. Furry

Postby iller » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:16 am

iller

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:36 am

This plugin is pretty awesome. I will definently look into it more indepth, as it does what we were already looking into to change our STT methods (mainly, getting it to pop a RTV style menu up), but also helps us protect people like Engi's, and seems like it might have more math behind its balance script. I'll get back to ya on this. Feel free to pm me on steam.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby SilverWolf » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:43 am

I have that plugin, quite fun when someone tries to switch back and their name simply shows up in color on the chat "<player> tried to re-stack the teams, FOR SHAME!"

reminds me now that I have to edit the config on that thing, since I don't have the scrambler voting on my server yet :oops:
SilverWolf

Postby miniskunk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Now that the plugin is in use I have to say it isn't really helping promote enjoyment of the game.

Since it does make it easier to scramble the teams, I am now seeing a scramble take place after nearly every round initiated by the losing team. There is no chance to build up teamwork if people keep taking the easy way out. Many times I have played on either side to see things balance themselves out on the losing side as the new teams adjust their strategy and make better use of the each players skill by the second or third round. I would like to propose not allowing a scramble unless once side has been trounced at least twice.

As the scrambles take place more often, it is now not a given you will be able to play both offense and defense on a capture point or cart map. Personally I love to play both sides as it changes the game play up and reduces monotony. Many times both teams may suck for instance at defending and if allowed to play out without scrambling at the end of a round both sides playing as offense would win both rounds. I would add to my proposal to not allow a scramble until both red and blue have played through a full round of both offense and defense.

I have also noticed scores are not being reset when a scramble takes place. All the hard work I do for my team ends up being handed over when I get switched. The team scoring system is a measurement of a teams overall skill and is part of the payoff. I propose resetting the score if a scramble takes place as it did before. I know this resets the game timer as well. This should create a deterrent to the constant scrambling that is occurring.

I know there is no perfect solution to deal with stacking teams, but if the plugin can be adjusted to not allow scramble to happen so frequently I think this would go a long way toward finding the balance needed.
Last edited by miniskunk on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miniskunk

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 pm

It should only be prompting a vote after certain criteria are met at which point people can vote on if they want a scramble or not. After that it SHOULD block the ability to scramble for at least 2 - 3 more rounds before preforming another check for imbalance. I'll look into it again.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby miniskunk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 pm

deleted
Last edited by miniskunk on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miniskunk

Postby miniskunk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 pm

miniskunk

Postby Jinx » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Jinx

Postby miniskunk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:00 pm

Ok I was mistaking that aspect of the plugin with players trying to scramble the teams. It is nice that it automatically asks, but it happens so often in some games that it is almost like spam. If we said no why does it ask again a few mins later?
miniskunk

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves