[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - An Issue I see with TFP TF2

An Issue I see with TFP TF2

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby EuroVen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:35 am

This is just a copy-pasta from a message I gave in a Steam IM.

Awhile ago, maybe a month or 2, I told Kai about a specific problem I find amongst TFP. Put the word in and what not, said it was talked about, etc, but 3 weeks earlier, I talked to Jinx about it and said he doesn't remember, when he even agreed to what the problem was; the problem is that I wanted Kai to point out was, people IMMEDIATELY hitting spectate after an Autobalance, it is quite annoying to see that happen especially during a full game since that person who got autobalance has a near guarantee chance to get back on his/her original and most likely winning team, due to the new player going "I'll choose which ever is open." that was the problem and hearing from Kai and Jinx when he remembered, he told me 3 out of 4 admins said they agree on doing something about it.

I may be completely wrong on the length or parts of it, but the main problem is; people hitting spectate after an autobalance, usually during a full game and generally happening after what those call a steamroll, etc, waiting for another player which is usually in seconds after the person leaves since they have it on auto-join when room opens up.

Off-topic note; TFP isn't my home anymore; already found another wonderful place (where less bitching and more fun ensue), I do come around to play with friends usually since they like TFP, if this issue along with I'm sure the many other ones that the admins have in the pool'o'problems that this can be dealt with, surely there are more who notice it and are mad about it but rather not speak it out or whatever their reason is.
EuroVen

Postby Witchiebunny » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Unfortunately, Euroven the nature of this problem is, as you said, annoying but quick. It's a hard problem to combat.

If there's no admin there who is paying immediate attention, then there's not much we can do. We can yell "Do not spectate after being autobalanced" all we want but in the end, how would we enforce it?

I'm open to suggestions.
Witchiebunny

Postby SilverWolf » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:50 pm

SilverWolf

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:12 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Kyle » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:39 pm

I don't even think blocking spectating would do any good - couldn't they just quit and rejoin?
Kyle

Postby Makaze » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:44 pm

Makaze

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:54 pm

I'd love a useable solution, as I see people do it but our rule is only against forcing Autobalance, and if they are just waiting until they can get on the other team (not forcing AB), I don't do anything to them.

We can't really disable spec as the above reasons named, I use spec now and again to help people learn to play some classes better as well, so I wouldn't want that taken away :(
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Plusle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 pm

There's a mod that humiliates a player in front of everyone as he tries to join spectate after an autobalance by calling him out in the chat and not letting him go into spectate.

No clue what it's called, but I'm sure it exists.
Plusle

Postby Tails » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:00 am

Tails

Postby miniskunk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:36 am

Only problem with that is the mod wouldn't differentiate from someone ragespecing and someone needing to go afk for a min to use the bathroom. I spec when I need to go afk so I don't drag the team I am on down by going idle and taking up a slot another player could take.
miniskunk

Next

Return to Rants & Raves