[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Whining about someone but not doing anything about it!

Whining about someone but not doing anything about it!

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby ShaunMiner » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:15 am

http://intelmineriv.dontexist.com/TF2prick/ <- Demo is inside there for those who want it :v (excuse the speed, my site is hosted on my home computer via DynDNS)
"Shaun is like a million raging Yahtzee's condensed into one person" - Zareth
ShaunMiner

Postby miniskunk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:56 am

I had been trying to catch him in the act and have several demos, but he shuts his hack off if he thinks he is being watched.
miniskunk

Postby Purplecat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:58 am

People tend to concentrate on what is wrong, rather than what needs to be done (and the secret behind many succesful people is... exactly that, they don't linger about what is wrong but is trying to work it right). This is not exactly the first time I heard about a known trouble player that... nearly none bothered to report. I do hope Nikky's new thread is making it more clear for players on what to do. :)

Kudos to everyone who do bothers with reporting trouble players however. Admins do have life and work outside of the servers, so we can't unfortunately be on at all times. And please be patient, sometimes we need to check with our own eyes if someone is truly cheating (we're just trying to be handling it through a fair process).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:23 pm

I wouldn't normally post this kind of stuff, but since he seems to be causing such a large number of problems with the community.

Caught and banned.

---

This was only possible with the work from various community members on contacting the admins and getting us enough demo's to prove something. I guess the point of this is that we probably could have done something earlier if we had heard about this fellow before all the complaint threads cropped up on the forums. Follow Nikky's nicely laid out thread and we can help you guys catch these people much earlier.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Talynn » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:02 pm

You took away my only challenge. You took away my only competition. You took away the one sniper, the one spy, the one soldier I saw as a real threat.

I cannot believe you people banned him. He was one of my friends that I loved, and enjoyed sniping against. Him and I have known eachother for about a couple months, going on various other servers, but I'm usually on TFP servers, cause, hey, furries. Plenty of drama, and other furries to chill with. But then, I hear he's banned. Why is he banned? because he's more competent then the rest of all of you? Because he has "moar mad skillz?" Cause he actually plays the game better than you? DEAR GOD IF SOMEONE PLAYS BETTER THAN US THEN HE MUST HACK.

Have any of your ever played a 4th, 5th, or 6th generation FPS? Have you ever watched, all the way through, a Quake 2 or Quake 3 Arena Professional tournament? Have you ever seen a complete professional CS:S match? Also, about spectating in Source 2 Engine:

3:52 AM - SPYMAN JOHN: When you spec someone and he aims behind the model,
3:52 AM - SPYMAN JOHN: its because of lag.
3:53 AM - Talynn - Want MW2 ;-;: I know.
3:53 AM - Talynn - Want MW2 ;-;: I used to moderate an actual PROFESSIONAL server called Cc2isCooL
3:53 AM - SPYMAN JOHN: Spectate in HL games are flawed.

ITs been proven in the Source 2 Engine netcode that there is always an infrequency to lag, always. This is always apparently so with Spies with the Ambassador, and Snipers. The latency between the actual player firing shots, and the server receiving such information, is delayed, thus creating the illusion of shots "lagging behind." If you're basing what you want from him off of a live spectate, rather than a Recorded Source spectate, then your observations will be clearly inaccurate. Recorded spectate syncs all connections to the same, relative time of their happenings, giving full, 100% accuracy of the information, and from what I was told on the information of his ban, courtesy of a few eyes and ears I have part of the Administration of TFP, he was banned on-spot, without being judged via Recording.

Are you all incompetent? Are you seriously not in favor of having someone more skilled than your least skilled player actually playing on this server? Are you truly that engrossed in your arrogance and incompetence that you cannot simply take time to judge someone?

"Humanity will advance, Technology is the Key.
~Anonymous
Talynn

Postby Plusle » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 pm

I must agree with the extremely good post by Talynn.

I played against him a few times. Each time people started accusing him of aimbotting, without any evidence. I went into spectate because nobody else wanted to and I saw no aimbot. I just saw damn good natural aim.

In fact, I didn't even get killed by him that many times once I learned his tactics. If he really were aimbotting, he could have shot the scout who was jumping around frantically with that annoying spy clearly as his main target. But that did not happen. I killed him over and over. I was also the only one defending him. Everyone else either accused him of cheating or expressed no opinion of their own.

And now you're telling me that he's banned? Really? What proof do you have? We get a good player on TFP and you ban him? Simply put, that's not fair. I admit that I've become annoyed at a few good players who manage to kill me again and again, which is illogical of me, but never have I accused them of hacking without looking for evidence. In fact, I look up to them for their good playing if they really deserve it. I acknowledge that they are better than I at this game. Why do you complainers not do that? Why do you not take this as a chance to get better at this game? Why do you whine? I genuinely want to know why the players of TFP whine about things that kill them over and over. I've asked this a few times from complainers ingame, but I have not received a single answer. I really would like answers to these questions:

Why was he banned without any evidence? That's the impression I've gotten from this thread, and I sincerely apologize if I missed something that pointed out some definitive evidence.

Why do you people whine? I'm not pointing my finger at anyone specific; I just want to know why people whine. What do you expect to accomplish with your whining? And in case you're one of those people who whine about ingame balance, do you really think you know better than a team of people who spend their day working on this game? If you think you do, I would like some reasons.
Plusle

Postby Witchiebunny » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:33 pm

Okay.

Let me tell you about a former Reg we had named "Red Eye[TKC]".

Redeye was a fucking GOD among snipers. He was good. He was better than good. This guy, before the game had been out a year, had 400+ hours as sniper. This is what he did. And as you can imagine, he was DAMN good at it.

We got calls to ban him ALL. THE. TIME. I mean literally, all the time. Red Eye was better than a lot of us. But we didn't because we could recognize he was just that damn good. He hadn't been doing anything wrong, and trust me, we spectated him and demo'd him until the cows came home. Eventually we told our members to quit their bitching and get back to the game and they did.

Let me also tell you a story about a demoman player who was so accurate with pipebombs and grenades, they've been BANNED from other servers for suspected aimbotting. WITH. PIPE. BOMBS.

Yeah. "No one could be so accururate with nades." is the excuse. This person? Just damn good. This person also happens to be our own Demovix.

My point? We do not ban for people being good. One of the things I've loved about this server is that our players DO tend to be so good, better than your average server. People come here and they get better, much better at this game. It's incredible. So no, I do not authorize bans on people just for being good.

However when someone comes here and begins to antagonize my members, begins to cause problems and a ruckus within the community, and is a suspected aimbotter on top of that (and we have been checking....we are experienced at this job, and the majority of us have been doing it upwards of a year and a half or so, almost two) we have a responsibility to our community to act. No, he was not banned without any evidence (you know what they say about when you assume...) he was banned based on a culminative effect on the community and the very real possibility of cheating.

And I'm sorry, if you ask our admins to choose between one person or the entirety of TFP, we will pick TFP every time.

So yes, he's gone. I'm not the one who banned him, I'm not sure HOW long he is gone. However if YOU do not like it you have two options:

To choose to continue to play on our servers despite his absence

Or to choose to seek out his companionship that you "love" and leave our servers.

This is entirely your choice. But Don't bitch at us for putting our community first. We're admins, that's what we're supposed to do.
Witchiebunny

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Witchiebunny » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Also, I will add if he wants to contest his ban (as you two seem to be trying to do on his behalf) he needs to come here himself and contact us HIMSELF.
Witchiebunny

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:17 pm

To add weight to what Witchie has already said, I will remind you both, Talynn and Plusle, that we DO NOT accept petitions from friends of the banned to unban them, even if you bring your own proof.

If it matters enough to him, let him contact US via PRIVATE MESSAGE to contest his ban, and we will weigh the matter if there is such to be weighed.

We will not have this devolving into another debate-thread on the necessities of someone's ban. Every other month we have impassioned multi-page posts from someone's friends demanding that their friend be unbanned for various reasons, be it "He's a Pro Player", "His settings are just different", "He's a real challenge and a fun guy and I like him so he can't do any wrong", etcetra. We're not interested in hearing that from any of you. And as tired as I am of seeing it, I'm not against locking this thread the moment it seems like someone doesn't get the hint to avoid argument. I'd rather not.

If you want to direct your friend to a place for information on contesting his ban, and to have it explained to him as to why he was banned, I advise you to point him to this thread:

http://www.hiddendisguises.com/Forums/v ... f=6&t=1501

Sorry, but sometimes overkill is needed to stress the seriousness of a point when subtlety has been proven to fly over most peoples' heads.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves