Whining about someone but not doing anything about it!

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Plusle » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:41 pm

Alright, fair enough.

I read through the thread one more time, being a bit more careful than I was in my tired state of mind. It seems I've been wrong about this guy.

Apart from a few disagreements I have with you guys, the admins seem to run this place pretty well. Good job on that.

I wasn't trying to desperately defend him or anything. I don't know this guy and from what I've seen, he's annoying. If he really was cheating, I'm glad he was banned. If he wasn't... Well, I'm sure he still had a good reason to be banned.

I've just one more question for you guys. If he weren't suspected of cheating, would you still have banned him? I'm just curious as to how the admins deal with annoying people. :3
Plusle

Postby Witchiebunny » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:05 am

No.

If we banned everyone we thought was annoying, there'd be MUCH fewer members and players on the servers.
Witchiebunny

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:39 am

And then we'd have a rather crummy reputation to boot. :/ Regardless of what others who really don't know a damn thing about running a community as big and diverse as TFP would say, we *don't* like banning people. We started TFP with the mission to be open to everyone. Heck, keeping records and updating junk everytime we do hand out a disciplinary action is annoying enough. But we do try to seek ways to work around it, and we never place a ban without incontrovertible evidence and consensus.

On the note of those who're just annoying: Being an admin here, as in many other game communities, means you eat a good bit of minor shit from your more vocally annoying players in order to avoid being painted as thin-skinned and reactively fascist. Curbing pride and saving the discipline for times when it's truly necessary to smack someone down. But there IS a tolerance level, and when one goes past it, well...to borrow an old phrase: "We might not throw the first punch, but we'll throw the last."
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves