[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Why come into the TF2 servers unless you intend to play?

Why come into the TF2 servers unless you intend to play?

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:22 pm

Server rule is no spawn camping- that includes both sitting outside the opposing spawn waiting to kill people, and sitting in your spawn shooting out. The only exceptions to this are, as Ayeaka mentioned, at the start of games with a setup time when you're pretty much forced to do so at game start (such as Hoodoo, Gold Rush, and Dustbowl), and maps such as Nucleus, where it's understood that the map layout is going to inevitably lead to people sniping from near (not inside) spawn, as well as inevitably finding yourself near the opposing spawn doors.

The rule has been brought up repeatedly, and the answer has always been the same: No Spawn Camping. Period. There is no debate, there is no revision- it simply is. That's just part of being on the TFP servers.

Ayeaka was merely making you aware of this rule, as you seem unfamiliar with it.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Makaze » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Makaze

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:42 pm

I'm fairly certain Witchie's also stated the 'you have other exits' defense is invalid. The offense is sitting outside someone's spawn door, waiting to kill them. Not that they come out and get killed.

That's like (as I've heard in game) arguing that the Pyro's flamethrower is a melee weapon.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Makaze » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Makaze

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:58 pm

record "name"

After that it's a good idea to type in

status

As that displays all players' Steam IDs, which helps identify who should be banned, and eliminates any arguments about someone pretending to be someone else to get them banned.

Once it's all done (personally I suggest not mentioning that you're recording a demo, but if possible get people to speak up about the problem- as this is basically asking people to complain, it's not hard to do) you can then type

stop

And the demo should be recorded with the name, in \tf2\<name>\ directory on your computer.
Stormcaller3801

Postby FlareKitsune » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:49 pm

Didn't know it was a rule, sorry.

Could have been told, rather than insulted, though.

*will be more careful in the future*
FlareKitsune

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:10 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby FlareKitsune » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:08 am

I was talking about the server, not here.

HURR.

Hey, what happened to TFP #2? Yesterday there was horrible lag and now it's not on my favorites or history server list.
FlareKitsune

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:15 pm

Witchiebunny

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves