[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Why come into the TF2 servers unless you intend to play?

Why come into the TF2 servers unless you intend to play?

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:09 pm

And today I have a brilliant example of the problem. Server #3, log in, we're on Castles4. I fire off four rockets, round ends, new round starts, someone announces it's taunt kills only, don't cap unless we need time. No problem. There's the occasional problem but for the most part we've got Heavies, Pyros, Spies, Scouts, and Snipers taunting away, interspersed with Jarate and stun balls.

We then go to Dryer. It all starts to go sour. First a guy named Blood is running around as a Pyro and a Sniper, using the Kukri and Flamethrower to kill people. Then another guy with a nearly unpronounceable series of symbols and letters gets in on the act- not against Blood,but everyone else. All the while there's people on voice and in chat repeating that it's taunts only. Game proceeds with people mostly sticking to the rules. We get the occasional person in who doesn't follow them, but they apologize and we move on, with the exception of the above. A couple people complain about not being able to 'play' before they go to work. Before long P4lm gets in on it, as a Heavy- one of the others is a Medic helping him now. This proceeds to get worse, as the server fills up. Bioshock comes in and he is told repeatedly- by myself as well as others, that it's taunt only. He manages a Domination on me without one taunt. By the time I get a recording going, about half the place has decided that since we can't get the trolls to behave, they're going to join in. It degenerates from there.

Meanwhile in Chat I asked for an admin three times, no response, despite several starred names in there at the time (admittedly one was away). After the third time I went the demo route, but by then it'd degenerated to the point it's difficult to prove the game was taunt only and people started screwing it up.
Stormcaller3801

Postby NikkyVix » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:36 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Not very long before I wrote that post. Let's see- computer says demo file was created 10/10/2009, at 2:49 PM. That'd be Eastern time.
Stormcaller3801

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves