[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Bad game ports should be illegal :V

Bad game ports should be illegal :V

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby ShaunMiner » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:46 am

Games that exist on consoles like the Xbox 360 and PS3 should not have horrifyingly awful PC counterparts, Saints Row 2 and or GTA IV for instance should NOT lag on a Quad Core 3.20Ghz with two Radeon 4890's and 4Gb RAM :V its SR2 and GTA IV not Crysis D: same goes for PC games ported to the 360 (See: Oblivion, Command & Conquer 3, Kane's Wrath)

Anyone else had experiences like this with other games? :l
"Shaun is like a million raging Yahtzee's condensed into one person" - Zareth
ShaunMiner

Postby Wulfie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 pm

I bought both GTA IV and Saints Row 2 on PC (SR2 mainly because of the $5/£5 mega sales on Direct 2 Drive).. Honestly, I found a lot of fun in PC's GTA IV, and no glaring errors or bugs at all, works beautifully on my computer -- and I admit for a game I wouldn't normally consider playing especially on a console, it is quite a beautiful looking game often. I feel it's well populated enough with NPCs, I like the controls a lot, and I feel in my opinion that they suit the keyboard.

If we're to complain about anything of the GTA IV port.. GIVE US THE FLIPPIN' DLC CONTENT, CHEEPSKATES!!

PC's Saints Row 2 on the other hand.. So the very basic aspects are in, I guess.. Is it supposed to have a lack of NPCs, feels a bit barren half the time? Popup bugs, AI waypoint bugs, stuttering at high speeds, not to mention some other strange things. Few days ago, I once got Three Gold Star rating on throwing, by throwing a fellow gang member on the nearby pavement, at which point he hits it, then falls through the ground and falls a further 900-odd feet of empty space before dying >.>;; .

The Last Remnant's PC port actually improves graphic-wise from it's Xbox 360 base (getting rid of end-game stutter from high power spells), it's just too bad that they didn't do a good job of the keyboard commands..

Can't really comment on other ports, since I haven't played consoles recently enough to find a PC one, and haven't really played any other games that I realise are from consoles.. Except for Street Fighter IV, but I'm just horrendously bad at that.
Wulfie

Postby ShaunMiner » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:31 pm

SR2 might be due to a few things (Its a torrented copy and my OS is Windows 7 RTM x64 and no I wont use XP I loathe it, love Vista but its $400 AU) GTA IV Ive not played myself but saw a friend do it on his impressive rig (Core i7, dual GTX 285's, 8Gb RAM) and it still chugged when things got busy, didnt look any better graphically but just chugged to hell =/ and his was the RETAIL copy too D:
ShaunMiner

Postby Wulfie » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 pm

Both of mine are retail :P, GTA IV still works, SR2's lacking. All there is :P.
Wulfie

Postby ShaunMiner » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:15 pm

ShaunMiner

Return to Rants & Raves