[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Some Days, I Hate These Servers.

Some Days, I Hate These Servers.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:52 pm

If it was just me on a server trying to goof off, and someone was killing me on a regular basis, yes, I'd probably complain in this thread a bit and then drop it. Particularly after someone (Sekh I think) made it very clear they thought one person goofing off in a serious game deserved to be killed. That's what this thread mostly was- me complaining about things occasionally and then dropping the matter after it was posted.

That's not what happened- and that's not what has been server policy since the issue came up, if not before. We very specifically nominated Bedroom2 and voted for it to go do something- which you'd call goofing off. And someone very specifically proceeded to disrupt that. You might think they somehow have a better claim because you favor actually playing over goofing off, but guess what? That's not what everyone was there to do. One person disrupted the game for other people, and kept disrupting it until they all started playing the way that one person wanted, because they couldn't do anything else without being harassed. If you want to argue that's somehow acceptable, go right ahead- but on that one, you're arguing against TFP policy. So I'm not the one to argue with about it.
Stormcaller3801

Postby unseen » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:57 pm

Just going to take a shot in the dark here, but...
If one player starts disrupting the game until everyone else starts playing the game seriously, and you're the only one to come and complain, doesn't that mean that everyone else in the server doesn't care if they are either goofing off or playing?
I mean, I used to spend lots of time in TFP chat, and usually it's just you who comes in complaining of a 'griefer'.

Personally, I would expect more than just one person reporting to the admins if it was such a serious issue...
unseen

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby unseen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:02 am

unseen

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:03 am

On expecting that going into chat and asking an admin to investigating will solve the problem, yes.
Stormcaller3801

Postby unseen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:07 am

unseen

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:57 am

Okay, so let me see if I get this right- let's say that you have a group of people who are trying to, I don't know, let's say they're trying to teach someone how to deal with Spies. They've gone to an empty server, they're all there solely for the purpose of helping out this person. Or persons, could be more than one. Then another guy comes along, and he starts killing people. Shoots people, backstabs them, runs through the group W+M1'ing with a flamethrower, maybe capping points. Generally doing his best to disrupt things. People ask him, on both teams, in voice and in text, to stop repeatedly, but he refuses. He flat out states he's going to keep at it until they play normally.

According to your logic, until someone goes to get an admin, this individual's behavior is perfectly acceptable. And, taken in combination with everything else you've offered up, basically everyone else on the server should immediately drop whatever they're doing and play normally because he wants to, and that overrides anything else since playing normally is superior to any sort of goofing around.

That's brilliant. And how does that play into not announcing to the world you're going to get an admin or not running a demo?
Stormcaller3801

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 am

In your example, everyone cares that he's doing it and more than likely, if an admin DOES show up, there won't be only one person complaining.

In other words, your analogy is flawed. Try again.
Witchiebunny

Postby unseen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:21 am

First off, if a whole group of playes can't defend themselves from a single player, thats kind of sad, but thats a side issue. Obviously you aren't getting my point here, and now you're just trying to twist my logic into something else that would support your arguement. I didn't say it was acceptable, but if all you are going to do is sit around bitching and moaning about it instead of hailing an admin or recording a demo and steam ID, then obviously you are setting yourself up to be griefed.

Secondly, I do not wish to be an admin, nor did I ever want to be. As you have proved, it must be a pain being an admin, especially on the TFP servers with people like you running around always complaining when one or more individuals does something that you don't like. Sure, I don't mind goofing off once in a while, and yes, I hate it when someone come in and starts screwing everything up.

On a side note, and this has been mentioned by many people, most of them ACTUAL admins and mods, coming into the TFP chat to report a griefer, and then complaining when the admin doesn't seem to be doing anything just shows how immature you are. Don't forget, TFP was originally made by a group of really close friends, and they have plenty of people (over 2000) to keep the servers full. If you don't like it, no ones asking you to stay.

EDIT: I think I just killed off my chance of ever becoming an admin, but w/e, my opinion matters more to me
Last edited by unseen on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
unseen

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:26 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves