[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Some Days, I Hate These Servers.

Some Days, I Hate These Servers.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby unseen » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:10 pm

unseen

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:14 pm

I thought of replying again, and pointing out that in the above post I mentioned that the person was dealt with within 5 minutes of receiving a demo, which was infact, while they were still on the server, thus once again pointing out that you are wrong on how fast we operate. I also thought of mentioning that noone here has actually called you an idiot or asked you to leave, they have just been equally fervent in their belief that you are incredibly wrong and ignoring the facts that are presented to you. I also thought of mentioning that you once again seem to think we should have an admin on every server at all times, (I have derived this from your statement that you want instantaneous punishment meted out to these people. I can use large words too! I just choose not to for accessibility.) even though we have mentioned the current problems with that proposal and why we do not use it at this current time. I EVEN thought of mentioning that a system much more indepth than a simple strikes system like the one you mentioned is already in place for dealing with people.

But then I thought you'd ignore it and repeat the last posts you've made without actually thinking about what your asking. So I didn't.

>_>

<_<
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:22 pm

Unseen, you're wrong. An admin showed up in response to my request for someone to show up once. The other times there was no response.

And Sekh, you're wrong. But I think the wall o' text I did may have caused that. I don't expect there to be an admin on 24 hours a day. But there's certain periods of day when the servers are active enough to justify having someone around, and since it seems that one of the problems is the schedules of current staff, it would be worth it to figure out when people are not available during those periods, and try to find people who are specifically available to be around then. When there's little to no activity on the servers, there's no reason to have staff just sitting around idle. I can't imagine any trolling happening on a server with 0 to 1 people on there (it'd seem impossible) and two people on a server are likely there because of each other, or so unlikely for one to be griefing the other that I'd expect demos to suffice for the infrequent infraction.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Owashii » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Storm, all you've been doing is saying "from forum experience, I think we should...". You're not getting the point that forums are an entirely different experience from trying to maintain an actual community where the admins have to deal with problems as they're occuring and can't just put it off or let someone else handle it because they're busy.

The way the group is run isn't going to change just to cater to your needs. There are over 2000 people that are being taken into consideration. How about instead of whining about how they're not doing exactly what you want them to, and instead thank them for trying to help solve your problem?
Owashii

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:33 pm

1) I grasp this idea. I disagree with it. Which is why I'm arguing and trying to make self-supporting points.

2) Would you like to explain then how my comments about ensuring there's staff around at certain times and/or my comments about observed human behavior across several formats don't apply? Or would you just like to keep telling me I'm wrong? And would you maybe like to explain your experience on both steam group management and forum moderation so I can understand why you grok both better than I ever will?

3) Let me see if I get this straight: The staff are not going to solve the problems I perceive, so instead of complaining I should thank them for solving those problems? The ones they aren't going to solve?
Stormcaller3801

Postby unseen » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:44 pm

unseen

Postby Owashii » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:45 pm

Owashii

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves