[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - It's sad, really...

It's sad, really...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 pm

(Yes, staying on the forums as I said.)

It's...largely what Sehk said, yes.

One person starts up, and chides on and on for a bit, and then others, emboldened by him, all start to do the same. (I use him as it's yet to happen via a female, which isn't to say it won 't.)
Soon you have an entire server filled with braying assholes all screaming insults so loudly that you either forget who started the entire mess or are too pissed off/upset in general to care.

A common one is when someone thinks someone might be cheating somehow.

Now, if they accuse a sniper of aimbotting, suddenly you have the entire server rising up against that sniper, (who's typically innocent. In fact, it's usually the truly GUILTY that seem to actually get defended. Because, afterall, if that one aimbotting sniper has carried your team the whole map, well... most players are too fucking selfish and focused on winning to dare THINK of accusing anyone they KNOW is hacking on their own team.)
However, if you mention anyone else "damn, this guy isn't botting, but he seems to be able to see cloaked spies." "That's the 15th crit in a row he's gotten, I think we might have a crit hack." "He can see where players are--I think we have a wallhack," etc...

then the player that originally spoke up gets mauled.
Because obviously, slight suspicion of ONE PLAYER is suddenly accusing EVERYONE that can kill them of hacking. Yup. Totally. Even if the person they suspect hasn't killed them once.
And anything said after, for instance, "damn, that's the third crit enema I've gotten tonight. D:"

I get, as do most others...
'YES I'M HACKING CRY MORE"

I'm sorry, what? You're just getting lucky, and I fully acknowledge that, annoying as it may be to constantly walk around the corner and receive crit rockets up my ass.

Your demoman, however.
Yes, you know the one.
Yeah, the one that just crit bottled three enemies in a row.
Then spammed 4 crit nades.
The one that's been consistently doing so all map...
When your team's only medic is following your heavy, and using uber...

HE'S the one I'm concerned about. But that's not suspicious at all, is it?
No, I, (and anyone else for that matter who dares speak up,) is clearly just whining and doesn't know how to play the game.
That's not it at all.
And those questions following, asking if anyone else noticed? (And if so, that they're willing to go spec and try and get a demo?) clearly just whining, nothing more.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Jinx » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:38 pm

These problems are difficult since they're such a changing and gray area, but they've been on our radar for some time. It will be quite a challenge but we are planning on remedying these issues.
Jinx

Postby Makaze » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:09 am

There's a reason I only got to server 7 anymore, people seem to be nicer, and...no offense there is more of an admin presence there than the other servers anymore, as well as a 0 bullshit tolerance for assholes.

Makaze

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:37 am

I record every game I play on demos(though I don't play on tfp nearly as often as I used to), so if anyone sees me in a game where something they think is suspicious, I'll submit it. I do have quite a few of them with questionable behavior, but my collection right now is too massive to sift through. I'll need times and dates of matches.
Fenriswulfdemon

Postby Lost » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Shame that I never got to play a round of TF2 with ya.

o7 Ma'am I wish you the best.
When you steal from one it's plagiarism.
When you steal from many it's research.
Lost

Postby Buffalo Bill » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:40 pm

The same goes for accents. I frequently get harassed about having a british accent. The only way to deal with it is learn to handle it, get a steamID and report it. It's not fun getting harassed, especially not about something you can't change. It never will be. It will take some time to weed all the assholes out. But if the community + admins are active enough and in sufficient numbers, it can be done.

Speaking of which, how many admins and servers have you guys got? 7 servers? In comparison, my homeservers are 6 in number and the clan running it is 56 admins.

Ignore the haters, the racists, the bigots. Get their ID, get an admin, get them banned. It will take time, but a clean set of servers requires a solid effort from both admins and community.
Buffalo Bill

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:03 pm

Personally I notice people with accents, but.. ahehehe... certain accents...

Well, let's just say they have other effects.

I'm going to try 7...

I really hate not playing with you guys, and if it's as drama free as you guys say, welll..
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:00 pm

I wouldn't call it drama free, but it's better. Someone was complaining the other night that there's points in time when people (theoretically) show up from 1 and 4 and start causing trouble. Personally I just handle it by recording demos while I play. If something happens, I upload the file, then send Witchie a link and an explanation. I don't advertise that fact, but I don't hide it either. Just make sure I've got something. I figure that way even if it isn't great right now, it will be eventually.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Wulfie » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Wulfie

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:06 am

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves