[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawncamp? Oh please...

Spawncamp? Oh please...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:40 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Witchiebunny » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:55 am

Honestly...on KoTH Neucleus....I'm of the opinion that as long as you're not chasing them up to the door and shooting *into* the spawn, you're okay....

I may be more militant about it than most, but I like to think I''m reasonable and if there's a fucking sentry right outside of spawn, you better believe that engineer will shortly have a demobun up his ass.
Witchiebunny

Postby Jinx » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:38 am

I'm of the personal opinion that if you're a sniper on koth_nucleus, you forfeit the right to cry spawncamping >:3
Jinx

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:29 am

I figured so long as the Sentry's there, it doesn't count as spawncamping so long as you're trying to take it down. If the Sentry goes away and you decide to stick around and kill any Engies who might set one up again, then you're camping. On the other side of the coin, there's things like regularly lobbing grenades at a spawn door. Not stickies, but grenades. Or any other situation of taking pot shots at the door in the hope of blasting people as they come out. Grenades just make it a little easier to catch them, due to the delay. Sort of a second chance.

And then there's the "I'm not at your spawn, I'm just camping the end of this hallway that you have to come out of if you use that exit." I saw a Scout doing that. Didn't work so well. Dropping down in front of a Pyro-Medic team... that had to sting.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Helios » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:41 am

Nucleus is a poorly designed map in terms of spawning, because the map is essentially a perfect circle. If yer chasing the tangos around the map, you're bound to end up at the other spawn sooner or later. I don't think I've played a round on Nucleus where someone hasn't said the "s word."

The map is still lots of fun to play though, esp on koth. As I told my team one round, "It's okay to go by the spawn to take out an enemy, or a sentry, or whatever, but staying there after your kill your target is another story."
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Buffalo Bill » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:01 pm

Although I'll be the first to admit you/your team is doing something horribly wrong if you let the enemy come that far, spawncamping is a dick move and if you so desperately need that (as some people do) to win you are a sad little person who needs to stop playing pubs and start playing competitive where it is considered a valid tactic and nobody frowns upon it.
Buffalo Bill

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Is it bad that I've gotten to the part where hearing TF2's comp community mentioned gives me a full body shudder?
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:37 pm

I think that depends on if it's a good full body shudder or a bad full body shudder. But that seems to be a popular reaction to a lot of highly competitive subgroups. City of Heroes PVP you see it, various miniatures games' tournament players you see it. That casual/competitive divide seems to stretch across many games in many formats and many genres.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Buffalo Bill » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:33 pm

Buffalo Bill

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:01 pm

Nothing wrong with us competitive players (I play competitively in a couple different games). There's just a problem with, for lack of a better word, "Tourneyfags" who believe the ONLY way to play a game is the competitive way.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves