[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawncamp? Oh please...

Spawncamp? Oh please...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby McFuzzButt » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:04 am

McFuzzButt

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:55 pm

Mhnm.

Though, as to what I meant, I can guarantee you that I'm 99.999% more likely to win if I'm on a team where the majority are friends with one another.

Has NOTHING to do with "HOMG WE SO MUCH BETTER THAN OTHER TEAM OLOL" as it does, "oh hey, friends. Let's defend them." I can tell you right now, for instance, that if I see a spy being chased by an enemy, I'm considerably more likely to go "oh, fuck..." and try to defend him if I realize, "Oh hey, that's Mint." or "Oh hey, that's Sehk, FUCK. LEAVEMAHSPAHALONE"

We got that the other day though on KotH... Our team got our asses handed to us twice, then we start a winning streak. Immediately? OMG TEAM-STACKING OMGOMGOMGOMGOMJHGPDFI8HYUSYHUDUH

Then they accuse us of spawn-camping...
(Note, this was Nucleus... and our team had four scouts that were running laps around the entire complex...but I even death-camm'd the accused, and...they were fighting back against people that came out of spawn and engaged them. )
So what do they do?

They build a sentry in front of their spawn that can shoot us through most of the map...
then proceed to throw a fit insisting our spy is spawncamping when he goes to GET RID OF THE SENTRY. -_-

Actually, that's the second time that scenario's happened on KotH Nucleus with me involved..
Though the first time we started out winning, THEN got our asses kicked.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:59 pm

pablofiasco

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:45 pm

KotH Nucleus seems to be a constant problem.

And yeah- I agree that it's important to tell the difference between someone who's running through, and someone who's camping. I count it as a grey area when people are doing laps past the spawn. On Nucleus, fine- no biggie. It happens. It's a giant circle. If you start running looking for enemies, you will get to their base. But things like doing laps through the tunnels in front of BLU spawn, on Gold Rush stage 2? That's going to make me question your motives more.

Other maps I count it as inevitable, such as Mach 4. If you're an Engie and you want to guard the Intel, inevitably you're going to be sitting at or next to the spawn rooms. And people are going to blast you as you come out, to boot.
Stormcaller3801

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:05 pm

now, i have had one legitamte spawncamp instance happen a short while ago, on a tfp server...
on cyberpunk

not naming names, but the team i was on got camped hard, sentrys build on the rooftop overlooking the spawn shot anyone leaving it,
demoman stickymining it so you couldnt try to get under the sentrys fire ,
it was bad, nearly unplayable,
the one thing that worked in our favor, our engy had built a sentry in the disco room, where we were semi safe BUT then of course came the calls that we were spawncampng, becuse they spawned there,
evenually our engy either changed class or left then then we got bent over, and i said f#ck it, and left as well
pablofiasco

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:08 pm

Cyberpunk's just a horrible map all around. At least in my opinion. And if I'm not mistaken it's been taken out of rotation.
Stormcaller3801

Postby pablofiasco » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:11 pm

i though it had as well,
but the server was nearly all regulars and i though, 'well, we should be able to have a fun time on this then for once"
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT WRONG
pablofiasco

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:19 pm

Makes me wonder, though.

What would you consider it if someone WAS hanging around spawn, but wasn't killing; instead they were purposefully just being annoying and leading enemies off to slow the enemy team down...

I do that all the time as scout, and make no attempt to kill my enemy unless it gets to the point where I'll die, myself, if I don't. By that time we're nowhere near spawn, yet I've still been accused of it several times for choosing to 'lure' people off.
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Austin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:04 pm

Austin

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves