Spawncamp? Oh please...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 pm

I'm not arguing the rules. I figure that's TFP's decision and not mine. But personally what I think qualifies is a separate matter. And that's where I'm thinking about things like the four doors in Viaduct that lead from the open areas outside spawn to the center area with the point. You can get out of spawn and run around, and pick a route. But you still have to go out one of those four exits. Is it spawncamping if you sit there? How about a Spy on the third stage of Dustbowl, sitting in the basement in front of BLU spawn with the C&D, providing intel to teammates and waiting for the sound of Teleporter Entrances spinning up to get out the ol' Electro-Sapper? How about Cranetop, where you've got several exits from BLU spawn that each lead you to rooms with several tunnels? If I go from spawn to tunnel, to T-intersection, to tunnel, to T-section, to tunnel, to open map, and there's a Pyro out at the end, is that camping?

I'm trying to figure out what I think counts. The rules are the rules, regardless of the answer.
Stormcaller3801

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves