[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Please, Be Quiet

Please, Be Quiet

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:40 pm

If I can just barely hear the sound of a sentry being built directly in front of me, if the sound of my own Engie's voice shouting 'Sentry Goin' Up!' is a soft background to unending chatter, if I cannot hear the explosions of rockets, chainguns spinning, grenades, exploding, or points being captured, and if the sum total of the conversation involves why Valve should release a line of energy drinks, whether you should make a spray of your penis, or why the Heavy should have a beard:

I could not hear anything going on in game. I could not hear Spies decloaking behind me. I could not get a word in edgewise. The explosion at the end of cashworks? I saw my screen shake, but I never heard it. Why? Because of the incessant, loud shouting.

This is not the first time it's happened and I expect it's not the last. I don't mind the idea of having a friendly discussion in game, I'm not even against people deciding to provide music now and again. And I'm fully aware that a lot of the time people aren't going to be playing overly seriously. But you don't need to be that loud, and you don't need to keep us all up to date on your entire stream of consciousness. Nor do we have a gripping desire to know the status of your Sentry at every single moment.

Unrelated: FFS, if there's an Engie attempting to set up a defense on the intel, don't run around grabbing all the ammo boxes in the room while you W+M1 the place.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:56 pm

Going off of this...
(I chatter a lot, and I know this, but I'd like to think I'm usually pretty good about stfuing when asked...and even about keeping my conversation interesting, or relevant.)

I find it ironic that the same people yelling over each other, ranting about random things etc at no provocation, are the same people that usually tell me to shut the fuck up, and furthermore, the SAME PEOPLE that tell me to do so when I'm reporting IMPORTANT information.

Because, you know, it's so much more important to rant about how you can't fap because your brother's home in-game than it is to listen to the spy trying to tell you that a medic-pyro is heading through the tunnel with an uber about to destroy all your shit.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Zareth » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:06 pm

my lifesaver?

open console. punch in voice_enable 0

works like a charm.
Zareth

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:36 pm

That's great for when you have a migraine and just can't stand noise, but isn't always practical.

Yeah, it gets rid of micspamming. It also gets rid of the ability for that same person, when they're done doing so, to give vital information for the round.

"Zareth, turn around, spy behind you!"
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Zareth » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 pm

half the time when the say that i'm dead anyway D:
Zareth

Postby Sekh765 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Marshtomp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:04 am

HOW DOES I MUTE??????

seriously.. I'm tired of people complaining over Loud voices or Micspam. Valve loves you enough to give you a mute option.
If it really annoys you that much then you won't think twice before using this function. If you do, then it's not bothering you that much.
And if it's everyone talking loud.. Turn voices off.

Marshtomp

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:02 am

I'd be more sympathetic to your arguments, Marshstomp, if there weren't server rules specifically about this.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:27 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 am

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Next

Return to Rants & Raves