[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Please, Be Quiet

Please, Be Quiet

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:10 am

Never tell your password to anyone.
stormcaller3801: Could someone please go on server 5 and do something about the mic spam? Because I'm getting blown up by Demomen and I can't even hear it.
NM Jeff: spoiler
NM Jeff: you have a mute function
stormcaller3801: And the servers have rules.
Anthrax: Mute is faster
RumRunner: just mute.
RumRunner: it is easier and faster for all involved.
NM Jeff: oh fuck
NM Jeff: snuggies for dogs
NM Jeff: why havent i seen this commercial yet
Jinx is now playing Team Fortress 2. Click here to join.

I'd say who the people were on the server, but the only one I can name for certain is Atticus Vulpes.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:17 am

I'm sorry for...unleashing Atticus on you as it were.

:/

He followed me to the servers here, originally.

Er, I have him blocked, now.

Call it being overly sensitive, but I have a personal thing against people that acknowledge things are exploits, only to say "I don't care. I'll use it until Valve makes it a bannable offense. I know it's an exploit, but I don't care what it takes as long as I win."
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Witchiebunny » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:15 pm

Witchiebunny

Postby Jinx » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:33 pm

The last line of that quote was me going in to investigate, but by then it was just a large amount of chatter. Micspam can be alright if you're playing something funny or cool for the first time, but after the millionth time... please, spare us (I think we all remember the batman clip) :P
Jinx

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:23 pm

The DJ'ing doesn't bother me as much because most of the time people will either stick to short clips they play at the end of the match, or they'll play something longer once, and that's it. And I can live with that. But Atticus and other people want to keep up a running monologue. It's like trying to listen to the radio and having the DJ continuing to cut into a song to share some new thought. They don't pay attention to whether someone else is speaking, they rarely if ever say anything relevant to the game (including 'hey guys let's do a Heavy rush' or something to that effect), and it gets impossible to tell what's going on.

I think it was two nights ago on Mach4 I was trying to get set up to defend the intel and we were constantly getting Soldiers popping in to blow everything up from all directions. I was trying to get people to help me defend, and right over top of me Atticus broke in with, "Stormcaller! Your mic works now! I remember when it was broken!" Ironically, the session before I'd finally snapped and asked him "Will you PLEASE SHUT UP!"

The only bittersweet humor I get is when he does it as a Spy and Alltalk is on. "Damn, I got killed again! These damn Pyros..." Can't imagine why, Atticus...
Stormcaller3801

Postby Buffalo Bill » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:57 pm

Buffalo Bill

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves