My opinion of Valve's official KotH maps.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:11 pm

Honestly it may have just been me, or it may have been ambient noise. I know there's been games where I've been backstabbed while trying to listen for Spies, and it's happened because someone refuses to shut up on the team channel, either playing some remix over and over, or just talking incessantly. And I hate muting people because there's the chance they might say something useful.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Zareth » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Vidact..eh, its alright. Laggy, and a bit small though.

Sawmill is my favorite for the sheer scale of it, and there are many entryways and things for flanking and ambushing.

Nucleas I hate with a passion. Its too cramped in and favors airblast/knockback stuff, we had a pyro knock off almost 5-6 people on the point and lost the round because of it >:| I love Nucleas, its a very cool map, but jesus. Why not just expand on that design and make CP_Nucleas, like a whole area and each point leads closer into the base till you get to the middle one?
Zareth

Postby CrashFu » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:34 am

Did I mention that in Nucleus you can shoot the cap point if you move just ten feet away from your spawn room door?

The last time I played on that map, people must have been wondering how I was able to launch my Baseball at the people on the hill EVERY TWO SECONDS. :lol:
CrashFu

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves