[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Stop it already...

Stop it already...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Sekh765 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:57 am

I've gotten one-shotted with the FAN at point blank while playing Pyro and Demoman, so it's definitely still got kick. I don't know how the 'knockback is proportional to damage' aspect deals with the firer- I've always assumed it launched you in the direction opposite the one fired from, so that won't hinder me much. I do know that I'm a terrible shot, so I swapped to the Scattergun prior to update just so I have more ammunition between reloads. Far too often I've run in, shot both barrels, gotten back out with the skin of my teeth, reloaded, run back in, and unloaded again without the target dying. And typically with me dying on the return trip.

I'm expecting we'll see a lot more FAN/Sandman combos with the latter's changes to stun and damage reduction. Hit 'em with the ball on your way in, unload both barrels at point blank, and if they don't die, run the hell away while they're suffering KB.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Purplecat » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:00 am

Well keep in mind that you probably didn't get one-shotted but two-shotted. FAN fires rather rapidly. It is it's charm, but keep in mind it's followed by a long reloading time for the scout who just shot his FAN.

Personally I found good scattergun scouts to be a bigger annoyance.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby CrashFu » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:06 am

Yeah. I've noticed that FaN-using scouts are really rare now. Everyone's figured out that the normal scattergun does better damage, at a much better range, and that being able to shoot six times without having to reload is generally better than only getting to shoot once. ... or half a time. Really, I do consider only firing one of the two rounds to be "half a shot" and firing both to be "one shot" at this point, just 'cause that's how I use it. :P

And I have been using it. Good ol' stun-ball to the head.. get in to point blank, unleash both barrels. If they die, groovy! If they don't... then they usually wake up from the stun before I finish reloading, so.. I die!

... Coincidentally I KILLED people with the baseball itself, not by attacking them afterwards, on four or five different occasions while playing today. Just CLONK. They fell over dead. Why are all these people running around with less than ten health? Ahwell. It's pretty darn funny. :P
CrashFu

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:42 am

I typically find it better to beat the crap out of them with the bat after stunning them rather than shooting them.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby JoesCrabShack » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:23 pm

JoesCrabShack

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves