[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Stop it already...

Stop it already...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:49 am

While I don't really like the FaN tbh (I am liking the sound of the new tweaks though) I do agree with your other points Austin...

I never really got what the big fuss over L4D2 was all about, I'm still buying it.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby JimmyChopblock » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:44 pm

JimmyChopblock

Postby Austin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Austin

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:02 pm

I do not believe anything I could reply could be more concise and to the point than the post above.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:44 pm

Yeah, I think you pretty well just shot yourself in the head there.
Stormcaller3801

Postby CrashFu » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:04 am

*cough* Well, umm.. I'd like to show my support for a well-made and valid rant by the original poster? Yes. Now then..

Being on the heavy-unfortunate-or-stupid-enough-to-not-have-a-medic-at-all-times side, I think I can understand why people would think they got two-shotted by the FaN. I used to think I was as well. Before I unlocked the FaN myself and realized that it fires its two shots so rapidly that, to the opponent, it's hard to tell if you're firing one or both barrels.

So this is how it works.. I'm a heavy, I'm standing around, a scout runs around the corner. He shoots me with both barrels, and ducks behind the corner to reload. I think, "Gee wiz, that scout just shot me ONCE and it took off over half of my health!" The scout finishes reloading, pops back around the corner and pops me with both barrels again, killing me.

So, I got hit with like.. FOUR shots.. but it LOOKED like two. Like I said, after that I eventually unlocked it for myself and figured all this out.

And lemme tell you. Anyone who calls it a "noob weapon" hasn't tried using it. You know how often I'll sneak up on someone and hit them with both barrels at point blank, only to have them turn around and kill me in one shot of whatever gun they're using before I can take five steps away? :| I'd really like someone to explain to me how a melee weapon that only "swings" every four seconds is a "noob" weapon.
CrashFu

Postby JimmyChopblock » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:14 pm

JimmyChopblock

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:02 pm

And I've had it.

Jimmy, in case you didn't notice, you not only derided making a valid disagreement into a personal attack when it was directed at you, but quoted yourself making a personal attack on others and stated you saw nothing wrong with it, the exact same thing you got annoyed at someone else for. Nothing was deleted, unless it was by you (at least nothing was deleted to my knowledge).

This is a valid thread, but your involvement in it is at an end Jimmy. We've had to kick you from chat and even ban you from there for your behavior towards our members in the past, and now you are exhibiting that same behavior here. You have been given multiple chances because we all like you but now you are being, in short, a troll and I can no longer give you the benefit of the doubt.

You may return in a month.
Witchiebunny

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:08 pm

Mmmn, see? No.

This insipid shit stops. Now.

We want y'all to solve your problems in calm and mature fashions, and some of you are capable of this. However, others seem only capable of angry escalation.

Next person who continues this line of argument can enjoy a month ban from the forum. I expect it's settled, considering the original intent of the poster's rant was wholly derailed.

EDIT: Ninja'd by a bun
NikkyVix
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves