[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - "Competitive" gamers who impede development of a game...

"Competitive" gamers who impede development of a game...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:17 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby CrashFu » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:56 pm

Heh. :) ... How many friends you think Joe thought he'd make in a game server community by not only publically admitting that he cheats at every game he plays, but on top of that insulting the entire Furry Pound community with his declaration of "If you do not break the servers' most sacred rules, then you are a scrub, and I am superior to you!" Read that quotation in a Spy voice, by the way. It's funnier.

If it's any consolation, Joe, even though you might end up banned for admitting to hacking AND calling every admin, regular, and humble rule-obeying guest a n00b, at least you've earned the respect of every other person who's been kicked out of the Furry Pound before. ;)
CrashFu

Postby JoesCrabShack » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:32 am

JoesCrabShack

Postby CrashFu » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:45 am

What? First you glorify the act of cheating in games, and say that all competitive players will use any form of cheating possible to win, and repeatedly claim to be a competitive gamer yourself... and then you're going to claim that the ONLY cheat you use (in TF2 at any rate) is to put stickies in places that shouldn't physically be possible? Now holllllllld on thar, pard'ner. You said that I'm a scrub because I don't resort to the same hacks and exploits as the "competitive" players do.

So which is it. Are you a cheating competitive player or a legitimate-playing scrub? :|

Or are you saying that to exploit the game's physics in order to accomplish something you are intended NOT to be able to do is somehow more morally righteous than to use an outside mod? Both forms of cheating accomplish the exact same thing, so I'd LOVE to hear the explanation of WHY one is any less wrong than the other. Are in-game exploits okay to do because you can put 100% of the blame on the careless programmers who allowed it to happen? Let me tell you, if you go out to the local store, buy yourself a revolver, and then shoot a man with it... the judge isn't going to like your excuse of "It's the shopkeeper's problem for selling it to me."

Edit: In fact, one could easily say that the truest and most ultimate test of a person's moral strength is to put them in a position where they are enabled and tempted to do wrong. It's easy not to do something wrong when you know you'll get in trouble for it. Give someone a situation where they think they'll get away with a crime; THAT'S when you find out what they're really made of.
CrashFu

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:17 am

Oh noes, I've run out of pepsi!

*goes and gets a refill*

This movie is longer than thought it would be!
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby JoesCrabShack » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:28 am

JoesCrabShack

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:08 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:51 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:12 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:17 am

Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves