[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - "Competitive" gamers who impede development of a game...

"Competitive" gamers who impede development of a game...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby CrashFu » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:46 am

CrashFu

Postby JoesCrabShack » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:11 pm

JoesCrabShack

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:54 pm

*omnoms some theater popcorn, shifting hir 3D glasses and sharing with any viewer sitting next to hir*
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Pitchblack » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:33 pm

*grabs some of the popcorn, offering a can from a 12-pack of pop he brought in return*
*They stand in my road
.....The mad, ancient nasty things
.......... tell them MOVE! or else!*
Pitchblack

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:11 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:53 pm

*also grabs some popcorn and sips on a pepsi*

Yum ^.^
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:00 pm

*accepts one of the cans of soda ( }:3 ) and sips, splitting hir popcorn between Pitch and Munch*

This is much better than the book version...
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Helios » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:25 pm

*throws a piece of popcorn at Niko!* Boom, headshot! :O
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby CrashFu » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:15 am

*puts an ear of corn on his head and pops it all using the power of rage* :x

Can't play one game without some bunnyhopping, aim-botting, wall-hacking, team-stacking, spawn-camping, every-button-on-my-keyboard-is-bound-to-a-three-page-script-and-I-don't-even-NEED-a-mouse-to-play-console-FPS's elitist jerk-wad crashing the party and forcing us to stop playing whatever game we were all enjoying, and start playing whatever poorly designed excuse for a game he turns it INTO by making half the players resort to the same crap HE needs to compete, just so THEY can compete.

And then I can't even rant about it (in the forum section devised solely for the purpose of venting my anger, I might add) without that same person showing up to tell me I'm not even allowed to do THAT my way!

Well SCREW YOU, buddy. I bought [game] because I wanted to play [game]! If I wanted to play "Joe's happy fun time aimbotting bunnyhop fiesta" then don't you think I would have bought that? Oh, but what's this? Steam's best-sellers list does not contain a game designed to be like what you think a game should be like. Now, since you're the world's expert on competitive games, and know all about good game design, and what people want to play, why is it that the best-sellers lists are all topped with games designed for "scrubs" like me?

Because nobody would BUY "Joe's happy fun time aimbotting bunnyhop fiesta". And not JUST because it would be absolutely terrible. We all know that any person who would like a game like that... any person who isn't willing to play by the rules of the game or show even the smallest inkling of personal respect for the people they play with or the guys who carefully designed the game... also isn't willing to show respect to the creators of the game, or the publishers, or the retailers, nor will they play by the rule that says you're supposed to acquire a game legitimately before you play it.

Yeah. Pirated games. We all know that the percentage of players using illegally-acquired copies of various steam games is... staggeringly high. As such, why the hell should we believe that any person unwilling to PLAY a game legitimately would acquire those games legitimately in the first place?

Yeah. I thought so. When you BUY a copy of [game] then you can tell the rest of us the right way to play it. :roll:
CrashFu

Postby JoesCrabShack » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:39 pm

JoesCrabShack

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves