Old Rant That Still Remains Valid

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Leif » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:02 pm

http://www.myfursona.com/blog/7721#comments

In case you were wondering, yes, I do have a life ^^
Leif

Postby Leif » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Looovely...

In relation to the above rant, I just recently received my schedule for the new high school.

No AP computer science.
No AP chemistry.

This means that I'm not going to be getting ANY computer science credit before college unless some miracle happens and the class becomes available senior year. It has also rendered taking all of the AP Science tests impossible.

My original plan involved the teachers of the old high school being kind enough to waive the pre-requisites for the AP sciences (something they personally promised me they could accomplish). BUT, since I'm going to this new school, taking all 3 AP science tests for college credit has been reduced to 1.

Why just 1? Why can't I take AP Biology next year?

Turns out the AP Physics test I already took was for Algebra-based physics. Few colleges accept that as a credit. I'll have to re-take AP Physics my senior year, taking the Calculus-Based portion of the class rather than the Algebra one.

So where I would have originally had these classes, I'm going to be taking a foreign language (Something the college I'm going to does NOT require) and a Creative Writing course.

The latter is the only positive note in this.
Leif

Postby JimmyChopblock » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:17 am

because no matter what, your school of choice will rape you out of as much money as they possibly can before they throw you out into the real world with a piece of paper that isn't getting you any jobs.
JimmyChopblock

Return to Rants & Raves