[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - "I Quit!!"

"I Quit!!"

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:05 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:29 am

When I do something stupid on the internet, I don't remove my traces of it.

In-fact knowing the Streisand effect, covering shit up will only make it worse.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Pitchblack » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:46 am

That's why it's best to run away when the shit blows up in you face, rather than try and cover it up.

Of course, this is the internets we're talking about. When someone figures out how to run away on the internet, please tell me. I'll be very interested in knowing how.
*They stand in my road
.....The mad, ancient nasty things
.......... tell them MOVE! or else!*
Pitchblack

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:04 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 am

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby JimmyChopblock » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:17 am

*lol's at furry faggotry drama* this shit happens all the time "I QUIT WAHHH SOME TINY INCONVIENIANCE TO MY FURRY PR0N HAS RUINED MY LIFE!" and then "OH NO NO ONE GIVES A SHIT BECAUSE I'M JUST ANOTHER FURFAG HMM I'LL APOLOGIZE FOR MY REACTION AND EVERYONE WILL SAY "DAT OK!" AND WILL LOVE ME AGAIN!"

i don't know why you people choose to amuse them.
JimmyChopblock

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:14 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby RumRunner » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm

A couple times in recent past, I've made a point of something like this. The first one was a forum- after the admin responded in particular ways, I left. Quietly, notifying key people on how to find me. The second was an online retailer whose quality of service had, to my mind, degraded to the point of being complaint worthy- so I complained and outlined my problems. In both cases I said something that would seem to apply here: "I'm not sure if I'm rightfully upset, or if I'm just being petulant."

I'd like to think that this is a reasonable question, and one that ought to be leveled at oneself whenever we feel outraged or righteously indignant. If nothing else it might be useful for considering the other guy's viewpoint, or at least determining whether our concerns are mountains or just molehills. I don't expect anyone else to do that, but it's always worth noting when people do so, and according them the appropriate respect for willing to consider whether or not the other side may have a point.

In this case, the guy had a problem, which based on the entry was not particularly elaborated upon. I don't know the details, and I can't make the judgment call. But he looked at his actions and he considered whether or not they were justifiable. And then when they weren't, he owned up to it. That's commendable. It's far easier to retreat to the childhood ploy of sticking one's fingers in one's ears and chanting to drown out the other side. It happens far too often as it is, particularly in politics. So he gets a nod from me for owning up.
Stormcaller3801

Postby JimmyChopblock » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 pm

This kind of behavior is far more prone to the furry community. Far more than any other group of people I have ever come to know.

And come on, the guy is bitching because someone else draws dragon cocks sort of like he does. Really? *kills self*
JimmyChopblock

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves