[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - What is and is not fun.

What is and is not fun.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:44 pm

I'll admit, even I'm guilty of getting snippy with my team... Usually only when I'm spy, however.

And usually it's nothing more than "GODDAMMIT IF I'M TRYING TO SNEAK IN CLOAKED STOP GETTING ME SHOT. DON'T RUN THROUGH ME. ASFSDGFDIHDFPJHDFJD'FJFDGHJS"

But, I would like to think I'm usually pretty good about not tearing people down.. D:

Training things-wise, I am interested in seeing more...

I've never actually been able to attend a single one.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby iller » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:44 am

iller

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:46 am

To be perfectly honest I don't know whether he was doing it or if it was someone else. But I do mind. I really don't care if the person offering advice knows what they're doing or not- I'm just trying to have fun. If you have advice, that's great- I'll be happy to listen to it. The first time. If we're eight minutes into the map and you are still repeating the same thing you said when we were in setup, and you have been repeating it ad nauseam the entire time, it accomplishes nothing except make me consider finding a different server to play on. It distracts, it harangues, and it really doesn't help.

Continuing the above theme, tonight was pretty good with the exception of one guy on TFP3. Tildin, or something close to that. We were on Cyberpunk, which admittedly is a pretty bad map for spawn camping anyways- with several shared spawn points, you're going to end up battling it out at short range. But in this case, he and I think someone else were camping the end spawn point, hanging out on the roof and firing down at anyone who stepped out, using the Ambassador. That was annoying in and of itself. But it was one guy- I didn't begrudge anyone else it, I figured he was simply being a :!: about it and didn't know the rules. Then over the course of the next thirty minutes or so, several times we managed to push all the way down to the opposite end of the map. I was playing a Pyro, and I'd chase someone until they got to about the spawn door, then turn and run away. Every time we so much as got close there was a chorus of complaints about spawn camping, loud and repeated.

Otherwise the only other thing I can think of to rant about would be a short episode in chat while trying to sort out the update mess. And that wasn't so much material for rant as material for sympathizing, because it was a series of loud, angry rants about how the admin team stack. And after listening to it, I can't help but feel sympathy for you guys. That was just rude and unnecessary.
Stormcaller3801

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves