[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - a simple request.

a simple request.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Okay, I've had enough.

What do you want me to do, Rum? Tell a group of very close friends that they can't play together because they're too good?

"Oh sorry, you're making the other team feel bad, so GTFO."

Not happening. TFP is a server FOR FRIENDS. Which means I am NOT about to tell a group of friends that they cannot play on the same team, period. It's unfair to them.

I'm getting a gaming computer *very* soon, and will shortly be investigating the full situation for myself.

However, what I want to say is this-the cries of "teamstacking" is more or less bullshit. One or two big name players get on a team together, and it's stacking. Heaven fucking forbid that friends who also work well together get the CHANCE TO WORK WELL TOGETHER. What are they supposed to do, sacrifice their happiness and fun just so you don't feel so bad about losing?

Your request for them to voluntarily break themselves up between teams is 1. rediculous as a Tawner was ON YOUR TEAM when you made this complaint and 2. Unfair to them and essentially asking them to curb their fun for your benefit.

One thing I vowed is that I would never, ever ask anyone to do something that was unfair to them, and asking them to take it to another server if they want to play together is unfair to them. They like this server, hell quite a few of them have given up MUCH of their time and effort and, in some cases, THEIR OWN SERVERS just to keep TFP going and keeping up with it's rate of growth and to ask them to abandon the servers they have put so much of themselves into is tantamount to a slap in the face.

So...no. Just no. I'm tired of hearing about it, tired of hearing about spawncamping, tired of hearing about teamstacking and TIRED of hearing about how we don't care. You want to dictate how I respond? Well here you go: I DON'T CARE because what you're asking for is rude and obnoxious and unfair and more self-centered than you're perceiving the family in question to be.
Witchiebunny

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby RumRunner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:07 pm

clearly since this thread was moved it is being viewed in the wrong light and seen more as an attack on the tawners than an attempt to find a solution. since a number of admins and mods are tawners having them sit in spec for entire rounds waiting to get on a specific team in my opinion sends off the wrong signals to other players. basically showing that we encourage stacking... so long as you're part of specific groups... yet the stt plug-in was made to reduce the stacking. sending mixed messages and things like that does nothing but build animosity.

this thread's original intent was to find a solution to this that would be acceptable to all. not a rant wanting to force them to leave, or never play together, nor any of the other things it has turned into. it was intended as a simple brainstorming type thread hence its original location. however, this was misinterpreted as an attack upon said group and moved to rants.

i see a problem i try and find a solution to fix it. it is just my nature. generally among tfp however my intentions seem to always be twisted to some negative anti-whoever attempt. no matter what the true intent was.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Pathia » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Pathia

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:04 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Arcalane » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves