[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - a simple request.

a simple request.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby RumRunner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:56 pm

due to twisting of this thread's original intent due to improper phrasing i request that it be locked or deleted.
Last edited by RumRunner on Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Pitchblack » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Anyway, Rum, your complaint is not always true. Actually, a lot of the time if one team works together the teams become more balanced.
*They stand in my road
.....The mad, ancient nasty things
.......... tell them MOVE! or else!*
Pitchblack

Postby Makaze » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Last edited by Makaze on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makaze

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:25 pm

My opinion in those situations is always that it'll get sorted next map. Of course, I also have no idea who's better than anyone else, and there's a thousand odd members here. Of which I'd guess roughly 99.9% are better than me. Which makes it hard to figure out if one person is better than another. To say nothing of trying to evaluate teams as a group, particularly when people are goofing as opposed to playing seriously.

...Which, come to think of it, also doesn't matter when it comes to whether someone's better than me. You people seem quite capable of kicking my :o regardless of if you're trying or not. :P
Stormcaller3801

Postby Makaze » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:44 pm

Makaze

Postby Plusle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:25 am

I encountered these fellows just now.

There were four of them, I think...

Why not just go 2v2? That would be much more balanced than just stomping everyone.
Plusle

Postby RumRunner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 am

Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Tyakoto » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 am

Tyakoto

Postby iller » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:47 am

They seem to be ignoring this thread ...Don't be surprised when nothing changes. For every incident of spawn camping, there's 3 incidents of stacking. One is preventable or atleast provable. While the other one is tolerated and even condoned b/c it also occurs naturally due to Autobalance being poorely designed. Scrambling failing to actually scramble (or much more often, being short by just 1 or 2 votes) doesn't help either but that seems to be a dead-end issue too. In the end, Lethargy or convenience wins out and you'll just regret ever even suggesting this, b/c not enough people can/will relate to it...
iller

Postby Pathia » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Several points here as I was in game during some of this incident

1.) I was on your team, when this happened.
2.) We steamrolled the rest of the Tawners in the two maps I was in and even after I left, apparently this continued for a map or two.
3.) It was a 6v6 setup, the server wasn't full. When you don't have enough to fill out all positions on defense, you can blast through and steamroll VERY easy.
4.) STT only requires 40% to win. This means if the entire side that was being steamrolled bothered to vote, it wins by default.
5.) I was on your team, when this happened.

We will split ourselves up if it becomes very obvious that the teams are unbalanced. However, we're not going to do it when the other team is playing with 4snipers, or 4engineers. It ain't going to happen. Even if someone doesn't have a hyper good skillset, if you just work together you can obliterate any and all of us. If anything, the one tactical advantage we have is that we, for obvious reasons, work well together. That's something anyone can do, with just a little planning.
Pathia

Next

Return to Rants & Raves