[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawncamping Mk2

Spawncamping Mk2

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby SeanNao » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:04 am

Why spawncamping should be allowed.

TF2 maps already have areas defined as completely inaccessible to the opposite team. The maps are probably playtested with "spawncamping" in mind. The people being "spawncamped" have the advantage because of their access to objects the "camping" side does not have. What is the item? The item is the ammo/health cabinet.

The health cabinet: Automatically skips the reload animations of all weapons, refilling them to 100% with backstock. 100% heal. Allows the player to switch unlocks without suicide.

The only way to access these areas is for a griefing Engineer to construct a teleporter exit inside your base, on maps such as Lazytown and Gravelpit, or for the opposing team to fire into your spawn. In my opinion, you should EXPECT THAT: ESPECIALLY ON THE SIEGE-STYLE PAYLOAD MAPS.

Moreover, certain maps are EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO WIN OTHERWISE.

Maps such as HOODOO PART-2 MAKE IT INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT FOR THE ATTACKING TEAM *NOT* TO SPAWNCAMP due to the proximity of the bomb goal to the defending team's base.

There is an area behind the Defending team's Hoodoo-2 spawnpoint that has no connection to the Hoodoo3 level, implying it was mapped into the level for use by the players of the map.

Hoodoo-3's goal point resides inside the "enemy spawn" as well.

My argument is that the spawncamping rule waters down the game for any map defined as Payload.
Hoodoo is used as an example because of its map design and its Defense spawn proximity to the bomb goals.

I'm seriously thinking about finding another server to play on because all the furry servers are pretty non-competitive in spirit whenever there is an admin playing. That is honestly where all this trouble stems from when I go onto CC2 or TFP. Admins who are constantly ready to ban someone. Admins who CANT WAIT to ban someone.

Spawncamping on Gravelpit is pretty cut and clear though. That's one example I'll agree with, but for a lot of maps, it handicaps the attacking team on many payload maps.

So it was a two-pronged rant, with emphasis on "Spawncamping rule is dumb and encourages non-competitive spirit"
Help make TF2 more fun!
SeanNao

Postby Purplecat » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 am

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Witchiebunny » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:57 pm

Sorry, but in this there is no discussion.

I don't care WHY you say spawncamping should be allowed. It is not. And it will not be as long as I am head of TFP.

Discussion is closed, thread locked.
Witchiebunny

Return to Rants & Raves