[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Late Night Anarchy

Late Night Anarchy

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby iller » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:42 pm

...nevermind then...
Last edited by iller on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
iller

Postby NikkyVix » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:37 am

Thank you for raising a point about, of all things, our notification policy.

It typically is the nature of our players to contact any online admins or moderators via Steam, whenever there is a problem. This isn't always reliable for obvious reasons on the mechanics of Steam. Otherwise, people will bring an issue like this to us via private note, often seen as per this thread. But since there is no real, direct 'How to Contact Us' thread, we should rectify that.

This is a hybrid rant (which goes into rants & raves) and complaint (which goes directly to us, the admins, via private message), so in the future it'd be swell to just play it safe and just sending this sort of thing via PM, to avoid incriminating players who may otherwise have not had the intentions they are accused of. This is one of the reasons why we overhauled our Ban-contestment policies to avoid unduly embarassing other players with a public spectacle.

Even so, thank you for being proactive in the matter. We know spawn-camping, like cheating and exploiting, goes on on virtually every TF2 server, especially those as popular as ours...and like real world cops we aren't always there in the moment to stop it if it's legitimately happening. It pays to have players keep an eye out and notify us of when it happens. We'll address the issue appropriately, because we do take cases of unsportsmanlike post-mapstart spawn-camping seriously.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Pathia » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Also, if you cannot get in contact with an admin ie: the ones you know aren't awake, or not responding poke any of the regulars (Unless my machine is down, I'm on 24/7 for example, due to my work), maybe even just even post it in the chat channel. One way or another, this can pass it along and get it resolved (hopefully) quickly.

TFP is now so large, it's impossible for the admins to know everyone, both a good and a bad thing, so I'm not sure how this is going to progress in the future. I can only see the problem getting worse unfortunately.
Pathia

Postby iller » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Well see that's the problem... I don't see a litmus test for any of this stuff and that makes reporting it even harder. I bug Elrabin too much as it is, I don't want to run into the Report-Chat (steam://friends/joinchat/103582791430443281) QQ'ing Wolf everytime someone said someone else was supposedly camping when there might actually be good camping distinctions to be drawn:

Case in point: That super annoying scout who buzzes around a spawn and distracts everyone from getting on that cart. He's not walking up to the door and spraying a Cone-AoE at everyone who walks out, he's just a diversion. Or the Spy with a C&D who hides near the spawn and keeps the Teleporter down (I did this last night...and yes I know how to counter it too!).

As I noted in the original Post. The problem is that too many people stop playing, and start arguing over what constitutes spawn camping. Everyone who's accused of it starts seeking some loop-hole explanation on why it's okay to do it. Do the demos I provided qualify or not? What about hiding at the spawn and waiting for people to come out, then following them like that scout? What about Spawns that have multiple exits (DB_great_heights, Goldrush, etc)...cuz I keep hearing people saying Spawn Camping is Awwwwright as long as the spawn has more than 1 exit and this is making it difficult to report.

I'm not complaining about the fact that people are doing it late at night when no Admin is around. That's a given. I'm complaining that the policies aren't specific enough yet and even seem to encourage it (such as this being a Pro-teamstacking server or "You can go by once, get a kill or two to get your jollies, rush spawn if you absolutely have to...", etc, etc).
iller

Postby Pathia » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:00 pm

Pathia

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Soooo why'd you nuke your post?

You had a legitimate complaint. Seems kind of a waste of your and our time, now.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby iller » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:17 am

...cuz I'm giving up on rocking the boat for now. Some other notorious loudmouth who's apparently even nosier than me and has been harassing me for quite some time now, seems confident he'll get me banned for taking a piss without asking his permission first (but he's not affiliated with the admin staff AFAIK). But thank you for the "Reporting Policy", maybe I can use it some other time when my own ass isn't a target.
iller

Return to Rants & Raves